★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Neon Battle HD universal build

01-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Neon Battle HD universal build

Hi there,

good news to you all! Neon Battle HD, already available on iPad, is arriving in App Store as a universal build very soon. This means, you are able to play Neon Battle HD on your iPhone 3G, iPod touch 2G+ or on your 4th generation iPhone or iPod touch in high retina resolution!

Many other things have been improved:

• The size of the app has been decreased from 50 MB to 19 MB, this means it could also be bought via 3G connection.
  • To help, to learn the game more easy, a new training mode was integrated: In single player, the game runs slower, there are no enemies, and the canon of the opponent is slower then the one of the player. Additionally, there are some tips, how to play the game
  • Training mode for multiplayer: the game runs slower (rockets launch slower) and there are no enemies.
  • In Training mode there are no leaderboards and achievements
  • Added an advanced mode for survival. Here the waves get twice as fast as in the normal mode and there is no limitation in speed of the waves (I added this, so that the survival mode is more challenging, when doing a Crystal-Challenge), I have modified the colours a bit, to see the difference between the normal and the advanced mode
  • Added an advanced survival challenge to crystal and added two more leaderboards to Crystal for that new mode
  • Fixed some things in the game, so that the game runs smoother (even on iPod touch 2G).

So stay tuned for the update, coming soon. If you already have an iPad, head over to the App Store and get your copy, the next update lets the game automatically run on your other devices (iPhone, iPod touch, ...)

And please, don't forget to rate the game

Neon Battle HD is distributed by Chillingo, more info on: http://www.chillingo.com/sku.htm?sid=80017
01-08-2011, 01:10 AM
awesome i will purchase when it can run on my itouch! i love universal apps xD!

Favorites: NS Hex/Puzzle, Warzone: Anomaly.
Playing: Fara, A Big Game.
Waiting for:T7G:Infection(U), World Fighters ,Legion of the Damned

01-17-2011, 03:00 AM
messy) what game is not messy? how do think?
01-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Looks good, i'll need to check it out
01-19-2011, 09:24 PM
That's quite a reduction in size, from 50 MB to 19 MB - I bet a lot of that was from uncompressed audio assets. Take note, .wav is easy to implement but dangerously bloated!

Original Music and Sound Effects Design
www.harrymack.com
01-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMAudio View Post
That's quite a reduction in size, from 50 MB to 19 MB - I bet a lot of that was from uncompressed audio assets. Take note, .wav is easy to implement but dangerously bloated!
Yes, you are absolutely right, it was a lot of uncompressed audio in there...
01-26-2011, 08:20 PM
still waiting:[!

Favorites: NS Hex/Puzzle, Warzone: Anomaly.
Playing: Fara, A Big Game.
Waiting for:T7G:Infection(U), World Fighters ,Legion of the Damned
01-27-2011, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idragoncool View Post
still waiting:[!
should be available very soon, is reviewed by Apple at the moment!
01-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Wow, this game is SWEET! Surprisingly different, unique and funner than I expected.
01-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWeird View Post
Wow, this game is SWEET! Surprisingly different, unique and funner than I expected.
Thank you!! Please don't forget to rate it ;-)