★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: ArkanoArena - behold, next-gen steampunk arkanoid is here

01-07-2011, 08:00 PM
ArkanoArena - behold, next-gen steampunk arkanoid is here

Hello guys,

we are proud to announce, that our new game ArkanoArena is now available in AppStore for a special introductionary price $2,99 USD.

What is ArkanoArena?

It is next-gen Arkanoid game with amazing inovations and gameplay set in beautiful steampunk setting.

Main features:

- the almighty Stinger - the name of the vehicle in the game
- Mr. Arkano and his store - lets upgrade Stinger a little bit, shall we?
- guns... LOTS of guns and upgrades
- story... do you have what it takes to win this incredible contest?
- unique steampunk setting
- 50 different levels / arenas
- 3 game modes
- dangerous enemies (that´s what guns are for!)
- beautiful graphics, cool sounds and music
- Online TOP 50

Also, we would like to share a few artworks and ArkanoArena launch trailer with you (more stuff coming soon )

Youtube link | Pop Up

And some in-game screenshots

Last edited by Sketch Games; 01-16-2011 at 07:48 PM.
01-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Video? Check. Screenshots? Check. Any of them feature in-game shots? Um...

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

01-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Video? Check. Screenshots? Check. Any of them feature in-game shots? Um...
dont worry, just wait until ArkanoArena is out in US appstore... you will get in-game screenshots in few hours
01-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketch Games View Post
dont worry, just wait until ArkanoArena is out in US appstore... you will get in-game screenshots in few hours
Good to know -- though I'm more interested in in-game video.

01-07-2011, 09:07 PM
The drawings, shots, and video all look amazing - but we certainly need to see the actual game. If it looks and plays like the descriptions, it should be amazing!

I'll be looking for this!

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
01-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
The drawings, shots, and video all look amazing - but we certainly need to see the actual game. If it looks and plays like the descriptions, it should be amazing!

I'll be looking for this!
That's why I wanted some in-game video. The CGI teaser and steampunk sketches look excellent, but they're not the important bits.

01-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Just had a look at the in game screen shots does look nice and say GC is coming in the next update close to pulling the trigger
01-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Game Impressions

I decided to pick this up and after a little bit of time with it so far so good .

Graphics are nice and polished in the menus and in game , the game has some very nice animated backgrounds whilst playing . Sounds are pleasing to the ear as is the background music fitting the game very well .

There are two different control methods the usuall touch underneath and slide or left and right control pads on either side of the screen .

There are 3 different game modes Normal , Hardcore and Survival . In Normal and Hardcore you start off with 3 lives to complete the fifty levels I'm not sure what the difference is between the two as yet hopefully the developer can assist on that one . Survival mode you only have one life to get as far as you can as you would expect .

The game itself plays very nicely with all the power ups you would expect from an Arkanoid type game like multi ball and explosive balls etc . As well as this you can buy different weapons and power ups from the armoury these are activated buy touching the relevant icon down the right hand side of the screen . There are local and online leaderboards with Gamecentre coming soon hopefully this will include achievements .

As I say I have only had a little time with the game as it's silly o'clock here in the Uk . But so far I would say this is one of the best and most polished game of this type . The only one little niggle I have with the game I feel the speed of the ball is a little slow for my liking but that might just be me , but as I say it's only a minor niggle .

Overall this is a good Arkanoid type game and well worth a purchase .
01-07-2011, 11:18 PM
In-game screenshots look decent, but somehow not quite up to the expectations the concepts and CGI above created. For a fiver, I'm going to have to see gameplay video before I jump, especially because of the millions of extant Arkanoid clones and the difficulty level in doing anything notably different enough with them besides graphics to make them stand out or, especially, fun.

01-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
In-game screenshots look decent, but somehow not quite up to the expectations the concepts and CGI above created. For a fiver, I'm going to have to see gameplay video before I jump, especially because of the millions of extant Arkanoid clones and the difficulty level in doing anything notably different enough with them besides graphics to make them stand out or, especially, fun.
As much as I have come to appreciate howlingwolf's opinion, I have to admit that more times than not Minefield's intuition, and insight have proven to be correct. So, I am going to wait, although the game is really tempting.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer