★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[Video Posted] Traffic Dodge - From PixelCUBE

01-09-2011, 10:36 AM
[Video Posted] Traffic Dodge - From PixelCUBE

Hey everyone!

We are coming close to finishing our new game - Traffic Dodge! We decided to put together a few clips to show you what it's all about.

Video Link: (see 2nd post for embedded video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adDPAzQnolQ

So far, here are a few details:

- You play as "Cheeko" the chicken and dodge traffic

- 25 vehicles in first release (monthly updates for "vehicle packs")

- Helicopter Boss that shoots missiles at you (appears after you dodge 100 vehicles) ex. 100 vehicles, 200, 300 etc.

- Stealth Jet Boss - has "better" bullets that lock onto Cheeko faster and shoot faster

- Unlockable vehicles. Every vehicle you dodge counts as 1 "Traffic Cone". You unlock stuff by reaching a certain amount of traffic cones. ex. You unlock a new vehicle every 1,000 traffic cones. You DON'T need to "spend" your cones to unlock vehicles. Once you accumulate a certain amount, you automatically unlock new stuff (vehicles, power ups, bosses etc).

- Game Center Leaderboards and achievements

- Dynamic Day/Night mode (depending on what time of day you play)

- 3 different powerups in first release (shield, blaster, slow motion). You can also get "MEGA" versions of these 3. More power ups coming in future updates.

So what do you think? Feedback is appreciated! We will also put up some pictures, but we decided to make a video first, since it's hard to see how the game plays from some still screenshots.

Can someone help us out with embedding a YouTube video? What's the proper way to do it? TIA.

I make games at PixelCUBE Studios! Follow me @naveen_pcs

Last edited by simplymuzik3; 01-10-2011 at 08:24 AM.
01-09-2011, 10:59 AM
cool, looks like a huge load of content.

Youtube link | Pop Up
01-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Have you considered doing a beta test so people can try the game and give feedback?

That might help people see what's fun and what's not so you can have a perfected game at launch

Good luck with development, looking good
01-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braderz999 View Post
Have you considered doing a beta test so people can try the game and give feedback?

That might help people see what's fun and what's not so you can have a perfected game at launch

Good luck with development, looking good
We are probably going to run a beta once we have all the graphics in place. Just waiting for the graphic's artist to finish up the last few. Would you be interested in participating in the beta?

Also, we'll be posting more screenshots this evening!

I make games at PixelCUBE Studios! Follow me @naveen_pcs