★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: GameOn
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 26.3 MB
  • Version: 1.62
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4 (2)
App description: *** Thanks to your support Bubble Bust! is THE MOST POPULAR bubble shooter game! ***

Bubble Bust! has exceeded all our expectations and now over 10 MILLION people around the world are playing the game!

Thank you all for your support!

Some player reviews:
- "Most Addicting Game EVER!!" - 5 star review
- "Smooth gameplay and nice graphics!" - 5/5 stars
- "Fun!!! Perfect way to pass the time!" - 5/5 stars
- "I love It!!! It is one of the best game I played!" - 5 star review

Bubble Bust! Free is an amazing bubble-shooter game featuring addictive gameplay and many exciting new bubbles and power ups!

The game is easy to play - clear the marbles and bust the hidden key bubble - yet amazingly fun and challenging!

FEATURES:
* 30 FREE levels + 490 purchasable levels of serious bubble-popping fun
* High quality graphics with Retina display support
* Breathtaking visual effects
* Exciting new bubbles and power ups
* Realistic game physics
* Captivating arcade inspired music
* Game Center Leaderboards
* 38 Awesome Achievements (Local and Game Center)
* Accurate controls, with two ways to shoot
* Global high scores let you compete against players from around the world
* Three star ranking system
* Tracks todays and personal records for each level
* Excellent replay value
* Colorblind mode
* Fun stats and much much more

It's so fun, its... marbelous! :)

HOW TO PLAY:
Your goal is to clear the marbles and bust the hidden key bubble. Clear the marbles by making groups of the same color. Groups of three or more marbles of the same color will fall down. If the marbles cross the glowing line at the bottom of the screen, the game is over.

CONTROLS:
Simply tap a marble on the game board, or an empty spot close to it, to fire a marble towards that spot. To fine tune your shot, slide your finger left and right anywhere on the screen to first set the direction, then release your finger to launch the marble.

* FAIRY TREASURE - NEW GAME! *
Make sure to check out our latest game Fairy Treasure - Amazing brick-busting game with tons of new fun bricks and amazing power ups never seen before!

WE WOULD LOVE TO GET YOUR FEEDBACK!
Your reviews/ratings are very important to us, and theyll help us bring you free updates with more great features and exciting new games!

Please contact us through the support link below if you experience any problems, or if you would like to share your ideas with us on how to further improve the game.

Game On! :)

Developed and published by GameOn
http://www.gameonarcade.com

GAMEON's comments:

If you have any feedback on the game, please do let me know (in this thread or PM me)!

Game On!

Mikael
GameOn
03-08-2011, 10:30 PM
I've got many bubble popping games but I'm finding this one is actually done very well and has content to make it more than just......bubble popping. (it feels almost like a brickbreaker game at times like when trying to get the golden key within the bubble........and I've only just started playing)

Its free at this time and I'd seriously give it a try to see what I'm posting about. Real fun game and controls are excellent as well.
Nice job dev!

Edit: I might have grabbed the wrong game posted here and this might be the lite but I've got the full version and that is free.

Full Version: http://appshopper.com/games/bubble-bust

Last edited by Coldar; 03-08-2011 at 10:41 PM.

03-09-2011, 02:08 AM
^ picked the full version up on your rec! I agree with yiou and I'm enjoying their take on this genre. I've only played five levels but I'm wondering how do you get the gold star score?

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
03-09-2011, 06:29 AM
Thanks for the free full version! One of the best mobile match three (or more) games! Absolute eye-catching. Perfect casual game. Don't miss that sale, folks!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
03-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Thank you all for your very kind words about Bubble Bust! We really appreciate it a lot!

When we created the game, we wanted to do something new and not just another "bubble popping" game. We wanted it to be, or at least feel, like a combination of a high quality bubble shooting game and a fast paced breakout game. (Btw, if you like this type of game, don't miss out our breakout type of game Fairy Treasure, only available for PC/Mac though.) Because we wanted to get a fast paced bubble popping game with a lot of fun action, but we have of course leaved some puzzle elements in the gameplay though.

We added a lot of new game features such as the ability to remove wooden blocks with bombs and steel balls to remove brick blocks. By using the rainbow marble cleverly you can get multiple chains at once, which of course give you a higher score. By using the teleporter you can teleport one marble to a place a long way up in the playing field and by that remove a bunch of marbles in one single shoot, which of course gives you a very nice bonus score!

There are many other strategies you can use to get a higher score and ultimately get the gold star on each level, but the best way I think is simply to pop many chains as fast as possible. After playing for a while (or two) you see that you'll be faster and faster, and later on you will even be one step ahead and planning where the next marble should be shoot before you get it.

I hope you all enjoy the game and that you want to help us spread the word about the game!

The game is free only for a limited time, so hurry up and grab it now!

Please support us and review/rate the game on the App Store if you like it.

Thank you!

Mike
GameOn

GameOn
03-19-2011, 02:33 AM
Got the free full version and played for a long time and wanna say it's really great. It's unlike the other bubble games, I have to get the gold key to pass the level not clear all the bubbles like other similar games and I have to collect gold coin to unlock some levels which is a special design. The bubble which can become more of the same color when hit by a different color bubble is also well designed. It's interesting and addictive. I can hardly stop playing.
03-19-2011, 05:09 AM
I agree that this is an excellent game and above the rest for me. I've noticed a few one star reviews posted on iTunes about control issues. The majority have never experienced this from all the other 5 star reviews posted and some of those one star reviews have just that game in their history profile (hint,hint) or possibly jailbroken, imo.
Or even if this may be true in some quirky way of possibly a bad installment perhaps I'd still like to suggest to everyone to give a great review to combat this with a 5 star rating because it is a very worthy game to play.
03-19-2011, 06:30 AM
Definitely worthy of 5 stars, so I left my review!

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
03-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Chain bonus

I love this bubble game. Very addictive!

How do I get chain bonus multipliers? I could not tell how that is defined.
03-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Thank you all for your support!

Coldar, there are a few players who unfortunately don't understand that they should just tap a marble on the game board (or an empty spot close to it) to fire a marble to that spot. Instead they are thinking the game works as most of the other "bubble popping" kind of games, which are using slingshot controls. And if you try to play Bubble Bust this way, the marbles are all over the place as they describe it.

Because of that, we have updated the description and the first screenshot with a clarification about how controls in the game should be used, which has apparently has helped a lot. But, we will of course also update the game with a clarification soon.

But what I really don't like is that someone apparently has voted several times on these few reviews as "helpful" in the iTunes App Store, and I'll explain why. I'll try to make a long story short; At the time we had about 25 reviews, five 1 star reviews (due to "poor controls") and twenty 5 star reviews. There was also about 10 votes in total on all our reviews (made during a period of 2 months), and not a single vote one on the 1 star reviews though.

But during a time of less an hour we suddenly got exactly 6 votes each on all the 1 star reviews (30 in total), all as "helpful", which made all these five reviews to be shown on the top of the list of reviews. At the very same time we got about 3-4 votes each on about ten 5 star reviews, but now it was voted as "not helpful". All in all we got about hundred votes in a very small period of time. For comparison; since then we have only got about 20 more votes in over a week I think despite the game have got 2 million downloads.

All together I think it is quite obvious that someone for some reason wanted to get the bad reviews to the top of the list of reviews and by that make them much more visible. Whoever it is, I think it is just too sad that people does not have better things to do. Apple has of course been contacted in this matter.

In any way, I am glad this didn't seem to have a huge affect as the game has done really well recently, probably because most people seem to download the games through the App Store instead where the reviews only are sorted by date.

Last edited by GAMEON; 03-20-2011 at 02:05 PM.