★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bouncer Boot Out! - (5th World Media)

01-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Bouncer Boot Out! - (5th World Media)

Let in the Rad, Boot Out the Bad!

Featured as a "Staff Favourite" on the App Store!

Available on the App Store now! http://itunes.apple.com/app/bouncer-boot-out/id409297585?mt=8&ls=1

Trailer

Youtube link | Pop Up

5th World presents Bouncer Boot Out!

Take on the role of a jerk bouncer and, “let in the rad, boot out the bad!”

Using swipe controls players are able to: flick undesirables out of the club line, manage the queue by swapping characters’ positions and create combo boot-outs. But keep an eye out for the instant-death character: a school girl intent on sneaking past the line and into the club!

Two modes of play!

Timed Mode: earn as high a score as possible in 90 seconds!

Survival Mode: last for as a long as possible while facing ever increasing difficulty.

Unlock New Clubs! There are five levels to unlock, including the Mana Bar, a real world location and Australia’s first bar dedicated to videogaming.

Free webcomic! Check out the Bouncer Boot Out website every Wednesday and follow the misadventures from the queue into the hottest club in town.

Thanks to everyone who has helped us develop this awesome game.

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/bouncer-boot-out/id409297585?mt=8&ls=1
Reviews:
iPhone Alley
The Gamer with Kids

Last edited by 5th World; 01-14-2011 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Added in an external review
01-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Will definitely check this out when it hits the U.S. store.

01-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Will definitely check this out when it hits the U.S. store.
Thanks for the response. Keep your eyes pealed, it is set to hit the U.S. store on Monday.
01-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th World View Post
Thanks for the response. Keep your eyes pealed, it is set to hit the U.S. store on Monday.
Or tonight at 8:00 pm PST!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Well i stayed up till mid night to try and be the first one to buy a copy. I ended up falling asleep and bought my copy early this morning. I don't think i was the first to buy a copy but i don't think i was far from it.

The game plays so well and i am so happy with the response it has been getting.
01-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
Well i stayed up till mid night to try and be the first one to buy a copy. I ended up falling asleep and bought my copy early this morning. I don't think i was the first to buy a copy but i don't think i was far from it.

The game plays so well and i am so happy with the response it has been getting.
Thanks for the enthusiasm ZAP! I know that I have spend nights outside stores waiting for the midnight release of games. Its a little harder to fall asleep when it is raining and you are standing in the rain and the wind has a wind chill factor of -12 degrees. But it would be even worse trying to get into a club with a bouncer that wouldn't let you in because you have the wrong shoes! Lucky, that with Bouncer Boot Out you get to be the guy who is kicking people out, rather than the one being booted! Enjoy the game and give us your feedback!
01-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Now out in U.S. Store!
01-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Was reading the coming soon thread and saw a post in November about the game being delayed, but the good news was that Openfeint and Game Center would make the initial release due to the delay according the dev. Went ahead and bought this and unfortunately there is no OF or GC support, local high scores only. Kinda sucks as there is no replay if there is no scores to compete with or achievements to go for. This type of game screams GC and OF support, should be mandatory IMHO.

Good game just needs the online stuff to make it addictive...

Game Center ID: Snooptalian
01-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
Was reading the coming soon thread and saw a post in November about the game being delayed, but the good news was that Openfeint and Game Center would make the initial release due to the delay according the dev. Went ahead and bought this and unfortunately there is no OF or GC support, local high scores only. Kinda sucks as there is no replay if there is no scores to compete with or achievements to go for. This type of game screams GC and OF support, should be mandatory IMHO.

Good to know. Odd that there is no OF support as the video even shows the OF logo a couple of times.
01-10-2011, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post

Hi Snooptalian, We had full intentions to put OF and GC in the game but some of our coding problems that delayed the game had a major flow on effect and unfortunately OF and GC where the casualty's. It was terrible but we had to release the game with out it.

That said, we will be adding these features in our first update. We can't give you a date as to when this update will be released (coding can be a fickled mistress) but it will be very, very soon.