★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Up There ends her salad days, moves to $.99

03-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Up There ends her salad days, moves to $.99

Hi everyone,

I'm proud of Veiled Games. For quite sometime, we've resisted the siren call of the App Store market, and kept our current flagship game at 1.99, its opening price. But, all things change. Once exciting and new products, mature into reliable and fondly remembered ones. And besides, we're going to wow you all with what we've got cooking up next.

As she prepares for her old age, our fan favorite, and Apple Featured game Up There has been reduced in price to 99 cents. Over 40,000 people have bought and loved Up There. Let's see what the future holds for the old girl, now!

Here's the original Touch Arcade Review:
http://toucharcade.com/2008/12/22/ve...eautiful-game/

Our Site for the game, including all the rave reviews
http://www.veiledgames.com/?page=upthere

And of course, the iTunes Link
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=299876012&mt=8

www.VeiledGames.com
Outnumbered out NOW!
Follow us on Twitter @VeiledGames

Last edited by VeiledGames; 03-25-2009 at 08:00 PM.
03-25-2009, 07:59 PM
How big of you, discounting your game by a dollar, modern day hero.

what.

03-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyCanadian View Post
so what? he should give it away for free (from 1.99)?
i love up there so much.
03-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pante View Post
so what? he should give it away for free (from 1.99)?
i love up there so much.
No, they worked hard on it, I'm saying, he's acting like he's making doing something heroic, when in fact, he's discounting his game a dollar.

what.
03-25-2009, 08:03 PM
It's a great game, I think it's worth way more than 0.99 or even 1.99 for that matter. Also it sounds like the future holds many surprises for us, can't wait!
well he didn't have to, but he did....while not heroic, it's still appreciated by the people that haven't bought it

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
Quote:
No, they worked hard on it, I'm saying, he's acting like he's making doing something heroic, when in fact, he's discounting his game a dollar.
he just wrote politely that up there is on sale. common
03-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Edit: after he responded to me.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for developers, they work hard on their games. You're very polite, and you have a deep connection with your game.

I'm not editing what I originally wrote, because, well, I don't think I should.

what.

Last edited by FilthyCanadian; 03-25-2009 at 08:14 PM.
03-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Why the sarcastic tone? Is he hurting you or taking your money by posting this? He's just announcing that the game is on sale. Do you know how many people on TA rush to buy games that are reduced by just a dollar??

Please do not disrespect the developer. We want to welcome them not alienate them.
03-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Oh FilthyCanadian, I love you. You wonderful young boy, never loose the fire inside you.

We live in a world of compromise, of slow and sad defeat. As you mature, and grow, and become a man some day, do not loose this attitude. Do not let it fade away. There are too many people in this modern day who accept less than perfect, because they are bombarded with mediocrity, and become overwhelmed. Do not accept this life on anyones terms except your own. Stay Strong. We do not need another defeated shadow.

EDIT: The internet is bad at sarcasm, and the street runs both ways. I am not being sarcastic in this post, though it might seem that way.

www.VeiledGames.com
Outnumbered out NOW!
Follow us on Twitter @VeiledGames