★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Batterup Baseball – v1.1 update released.

03-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Batterup Baseball – v1.1 update released.

I recall a few of us complaining about the off swing mechanics. Well, apparently that's been fixed in the new update for Batterup baseball.

[App Store Link, $1.99]

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Always thought you were major league material? Then suit up and hit the field with BATTER UP BASEBALL™ from Skyworks®, creators of the best quality and most fun sports games on the iPhone/iPod touch!

With BATTER UP BASEBALL, hone your batting skills in two game modes and hit as many homeruns as you can in a real-time rendered, retro-style ballpark, reminiscent of the days when baseball was simply “America’s Favorite Pastime.”

In Home Run Rally Mode, strikes, foul balls, and infield hits will cost you a swing, but every homerun will earn you another one! In Arcade Mode, aiming for billboard targets will earn you even more free swings!

To bat, keep your eye on the mound, time your swing with the incoming pitch, then “flick” your finger up to swing. The speed and direction of your swing will control the speed and direction of the ball. Once the ball is in flight, you can "influence" its direction and speed using the accelerometer by tilting up/down or left/right!

KEY FEATURES:

- HOME RUN RALLY MODE – Swing for the fences as many times as you can!
- ARCADE MODE – Hit home runs while aiming for a variety of animated billboards!
- FULLY 3-D REAL-TIME RENDERED BALLPARK AND BATTER
- ACCELEROMETER CONTROL – Influence the ball’s flight over the fence!
- FULLY ANIMATED BONUS TARGETS – Hit these to earn extra swings!
- SOUND VOLUME CONTROLS
- LOCAL HIGH SCORE BOARDS"

what.

Last edited by salsamd; 03-26-2009 at 02:11 PM.
03-25-2009, 08:50 PM
has anyone played this game? Is it worth it?

04-11-2009, 06:47 PM
04-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Checked out the lite, meh. It's just home run derby with some shooting gallery type targets around the back fence. I guess if you spend a lot of time with it you can discover the nuances of hitting the targets but I got bored of it too quickly. I did manage a monster shot into the next county though, that's always fun.

04-12-2009, 05:54 AM
can you change the settings to have the option to bat as a LEFTY hitter?
04-12-2009, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik555 View Post
can you change the settings to have the option to bat as a LEFTY hitter?
That's a negative. It's all about slugging homers. Any pitch you don't knock out of the park is a strike and 3 strikes is game over. Very simple game.
04-12-2009, 08:14 AM
The guy in the video wasn't even hitting it out of the batters box

Really hope an authentic Baseball game comes out soon, Baseball Superstars is really fun for the cartoon style of the game. Especially with the graphic upgrade

Games Playing: Kids & Zombies, Infinity Gene, Q*bert, Resident Evil, Peggle, PacMan Remix
Listening to: Devin The Dude/ Waitin' to Inhale
04-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard View Post
That's a negative. It's all about slugging homers. Any pitch you don't knock out of the park is a strike and 3 strikes is game over. Very simple game.
Bad job by the devs not to include a lefty setting
05-13-2009, 06:54 PM
05-14-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm not much into sports games, whether they be full fledged or mini-games like this one, but I actually liked Batter Up Baseball. It was fun trying to hit the targets (and ultimately the lights, ala Field Of Dreams), and if you get three home runs in a row you're "on fire", at which point your bat starts flaming. It looks really cool

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre