★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Featured by Apple in New and Noteworthy Overall Apps in 64 countries
iTunes front page New and Noteworthy in 64 countries
iTunes Featured in Staff Favourites in over 60 countries
Top 30 puzzle game in over 25 countries

TouchArcade.com review (Jared Nelson)
"Fast-Paced, Colorful and Original - GeoSpin is a catchy and original game that is executed very well. I was surprised by how much I ended up enjoying the title... If you're looking for something fun and unique, definitely give GeoSpin a try"

Appvader.com (Freddy Aikens)
"All you need in a pickn'play app : clever, simple and quick"

iLounge.com review (Jeremy Horwitz)
(From the Jan 17th edition of "iPhone Gems")
"This is another nice little $1 puzzler that has the potential to become better with subsequent updates"
(updates are coming :))

148apps.com review (Chris Hall)
"The whole GeoSpin experience is really quite frantic, and with its cartoon nature and wacky colors it will drag you in for quite some time"

simple-reviews.com (Tyler)
"When I first opened the game I didnt have any idea of what I was getting into. After the tutorial I thought I understood and then BAM! I was addicted 5/5"

touchmyapps.com (Eric Pankoke)
(10 New App Store Games To Watch [Jan. 10 - 16])
"2 different game play modes which each offer a unique perspective on what you need to accomplish. This looks to me like a nice spin on a tested game play formula"

appolicious.com
Listed in the Appolicious advisor Fresh Games for Jan

AppSmiles.com
"GeoSpin is a 4-Dimple challenge that leaves us wanting even more." - 4/5

iPhoneter
"Pleasant and Cheerful Music ... addictive gameplay ... really worth the small money 4/5"

------------------------

GeoSpin is a fast, intuitive, tactile, and incredibly original puzzle game. It is unlike any other you will have played. It's easy to learn, but can you master the strategies necessary to be the fastest, or last the longest on the progressively complex levels.

You control the orientation of the Geo Shape in 3D, and must grab the surrounding colored shapes to slot into their correct places. Sounds easy, but the gameplay has been honed by extensive testing to be incredibly addictive.

Race against the clock in Score Attack, as the game starts off giving you a generous amount of time to complete each Geo Shape, but will require that you complete time bonuses on later levels to continue.

In Time Attack, set your best time for each level with 3 difficulties per level. Race against your OpenFeint friends' times, shown each game, and see your worldwide ranking, per level, in-game !

Features:
33 Time Attack Levels
Achieve Bronze, Silver and Gold medal awards on each level
NOW 2 Addictive Score Attack games !
Worldwide high score tables/achievements (OpenFeint)
High level of seamless OpenFeint integration
Super smooth combination of 3D and 2D graphics
High resolution Retina Display on supported devices
Manic, addictive, smooth 60fps gameplay
Fantastic music from http://www.partnersinrhyme.com

Please send feedback to lazrhog@casey.org.uk, or message me on twitter

http://www.twitter.com/lazrhog

Proudly made in the UK

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

01-10-2011, 10:53 AM
So like tanzen in 3D?

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

01-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Awesome !!! Thanks ImNoSuperman !!

Prab - no not like Tanzen. It's hard to really describe any game like it to be honest. We tried to come up with something very original. It's much more of an Arcade puzzle game as it's against the clock

Follow me on Twitter
Games/Ports I have on Appstore
GeoTris $0.99, iPlutoid Free, Neverputt ME $0.99, Noiz2sa Free Free, Neverputt HD $0.99
Coming this year MiZoo 2, 2 untitled games in work
01-10-2011, 11:27 AM
All I can say is Score Attack mode is extremeley fun!

I'll try to make a video soon!

Last edited by Der-Kleine; 01-10-2011 at 11:32 AM.
01-10-2011, 11:37 AM
To celebrate this release, I have set iPlutoid FREE in the Appstore, but it may take a little time to propagate through. When I see it become free, I will make a separate post for it

Follow me on Twitter
GeoTris $0.99, iPlutoid Free, Neverputt ME $0.99, Noiz2sa Free Free, Neverputt HD $0.99
01-10-2011, 11:41 AM
This looks interesting, though from the video I'm not sure what strategy is involved beyond moving your finger as fast as possible within the constraints of the UI? Is it a puzzle game (with thinking involved) or merely a test of reflexes?

Good chance I'll pick this up in any case, but would be nice to have a clarification.
01-10-2011, 11:50 AM
To be able to progress through the levels in score attack, you need to be able to add to the time available by matching shape order, and color order, or both at the same time for extra time. But speed is of the essence in playing the game.

The UI allows you to pretty much go as fast as you can, we worked really hard on it to make the pickup and drop mechanics work as smoothly as possible (we have been playtesting this for a long time now). The whole game is pixel perfect, so where ever your finger is, it will highlight the 3d shape segment beneath it, even if it is only a tiny slither

I should add that it is the OpenFeint friends integration that makes this a lot of fun too. If you look at the video, in Time Attack mode (and it will do it in Score Attack too) it shows a list of your friends and their times/scores before you play the level. This list is updated each time you play a level, so if you beat your time/score, it will update for all your friends too.

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by lazrhog; 01-10-2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: more info
01-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Prepare your self for a long video (~17 minutes). I think I broke my record score in score attack on video! (Still only 3.rd best in my friends list?! )

@Lazrhog: could it be that score attack was harder in the beta? It seems almost too easy now.

Also, the Open Feint implementation is pretty good, in time attack mode for example you can see the next best time and it updates live.
01-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
Prepare your self for a long video (~17 minutes). I think I broke my record score in score attack on video! (Still only 3.rd best in my friends list?! )

@Lazrhog: could it be that score attack was harder in the beta? It seems almost too easy now.

Also, the Open Feint implementation is pretty good, in time attack mode for example you can see the next best time and it updates live.
Nope the difficulty stayed the same - you are just getting better

as for Openfeint, yeah you can see your next friends time approaching at the bottom of the screen, and it grows larger as you get closer !

Follow me on Twitter
01-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Active dev here + great looking game + positive opinions from Der-Kleine = instabuy when it hits the store.