★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What games support video out to TV?

01-10-2011, 11:09 AM
What games support video out to TV?

I recently got Chopper 2 and the video out is cool stuff with my vga to HDTV, does anyone know any other games that support it?
01-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabukijoe View Post
I recently got Chopper 2 and the video out is cool stuff with my vga to HDTV, does anyone know any other games that support it?
Max Adventure. Works like a champ.

EDIT: I'm curious to know which other games have TV output implemented as well...

Game Center: Diligence

Last edited by GodSon; 01-10-2011 at 03:02 PM.
01-10-2011, 02:39 PM
I think Rage...not entirely sure though
01-10-2011, 04:29 PM
The Incident is one. (But you need two devices, same as Chopper 2 I think.)

And among non-game apps, there’s iTeleport (remote viewing/control of Macs/PCs). And Thicket and Autodesk Fluid FX (visual “toys”). And there are a few web browsers and whiteboard apps too, but I forget which.

I’d love to see a consolidated list of video-out games! (Remembering that some apps that do video out require a retina device or iPad; probably because of the resolution.)

Better yet: a database of other features, too, that the App Store doesn’t directly track. Such as:

Retina graphics
Gyroscope tilt
Vibrate
iPod music support
Fast app switching
Multiplayer of specific kinds:
- Pass and play
- Simultaneous shared screen
- Local wireless
- WAN
- WAN with random matching
- Asynchronous

This would be a great addition to AppShopper, even if the data required some user input. Hint hint Maybe AppShopper could have little “feature icons" in the corner of each app page.

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)

Last edited by Adams Immersive; 01-10-2011 at 04:31 PM.