★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New Puzzle Game - WallZ

10-28-2008, 04:49 PM
New Puzzle Game - WallZ

Hi everyone,

I am the designer, developer, and one person show for the game titled 'WallZ'. I wrote the game to be simple, but addictive in that you have to think and use strategy to score higher and progress through the game. It's priced to sell at $0.99 USD at WallZ.

In the game you click on wall pieces that are connected to other pieces of the same color. All pieces of the same color then disappear and the wall collapses. You clear the missions by removing all wall pieces. As you clear missions more wall types appear and the wall itself becomes larger (wide.)

Strategy comes into play in that you get more points for clearing more wall pieces in a single click. There are also special wall pieces such as dynamite that can be clicked on to blow up a small section of the wall or can be combined with other dynamite pieces to blow up a huge section of wall (for even more points.)

See my last post for information about what has been added in 1.3.

Features summary:
  • Horizontal movement and more play area in version 1.3
  • Over 20 levels in version 1.1
  • Personal and Global leaderboards
  • 10 Awards and 1000 Points to earn through award unlocks
  • Facebook and Twitter integration via the Agon system
  • Multiple challenges other than "basic" colored wall pieces
  • Hidden elements throughout the game
  • Tilt your iPod Touch or iPhone to to scroll the game screen

Screenshots:

About Gamer Outfit:
I used to work in the industry for a coin-op touchscreen game company and the iPhone gives me a perfect place to use the skills once again. Touch screen games require a very unique approach to the controls and I look forward to bringing new content to the platform. I've started small with WallZ and hope to bring out some more aggressive titles in the future.

I'm open to feedback on the game of course and any suggestions to future versions of it. The forums on my website are a great place for such feedback or you can of course leave me a note here.

Thanks for your support,
Todd

Xenovoid - FREE 4X Galactic Conquest MMO for iOS, PC, OSX, and Linux
JOIN THE FREE BETA @ Xenovoid.com

Last edited by GamerOutfit; 01-02-2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Updated to version 1.3
02-18-2009, 03:06 PM
I released a Lite version (Free) of the game last week and it's up now called WallZ Lite. Check it out for a demo of the complete $0.99 game. The Lite version is limited to 3 levels.

Thanks!

02-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Same thing as Collapse. Sorry I'll have to pass
02-18-2009, 03:13 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=303328253&mt=8 Lite Version

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=293628526&mt=8 Full Version

Doesn't look too bad. I'll check out the lite version, hopefully it'll help you gain some sales

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
02-18-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm checking it out too!

EDIT: Played it nut it's not really my thing, I like how it is done though. Good luck with sales!

Last edited by DanM; 02-18-2009 at 03:39 PM.
02-18-2009, 03:53 PM
I bought it ages ago when it was released, but only to see later that dreaded '2nd Gen iPod only' in the small print. My fault I guess, but can't help feeling a bit peeved about it still. Don't see any reason why games have to be so Generation specific. Completely useless to me, and seems to still be so. So, no idea if it's good or not unfortunately...any chance of you sorting that out Todd?
02-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alichan View Post
I bought it ages ago when it was released, but only to see later that dreaded '2nd Gen iPod only' in the small print. My fault I guess, but can't help feeling a bit peeved about it still. Don't see any reason why games have to be so Generation specific. Completely useless to me, and seems to still be so. So, no idea if it's good or not unfortunately...any chance of you sorting that out Todd?
I wish I could help on that Alichan, unfortunately I have no way of knowing who bought what. Apple doesn't release that information to developers; therefore, Apple has to be the one to "fix" it. They are generation specific to support certain features of the SDK. I do know that if you ever get a Gen2+ iPod or iPhone you will be able to play it then. Maybe sometime in the future for you.

02-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerOutfit View Post
I wish I could help on that Alichan, unfortunately I have no way of knowing who bought what. Apple doesn't release that information to developers; therefore, Apple has to be the one to "fix" it. They are generation specific to support certain features of the SDK. I do know that if you ever get a Gen2+ iPod or iPhone you will be able to play it then. Maybe sometime in the future for you.
....fair enough. I'll just file the whole purchase away under the heading 'life sometimes sucks' then
03-13-2009, 08:09 AM
I am going to download the lite version now. I like the look of the game.
03-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerOutfit View Post
Hi everyone,

I am the designer, developer, and one person show for the game titled 'WallZ'. I wrote the game to be simple, but addictive in that you have to think and use strategy to score higher and progress through the game. It's priced to sell at $0.99 USD.

In the game you click on wall pieces that are connected to other pieces of the same color. All pieces of the same color then disappear and the wall collapses. You clear the missions by removing all wall pieces. As you clear missions more wall types appear and the wall itself becomes larger (wide.)

Strategy comes into play in that you get more points for clearing more wall pieces in a single click. There are also special wall pieces such as dynamite that can be clicked on to blow up a small section of the wall or can be combined with other dynamite pieces to blow up a huge section of wall (for even more points.)

I released an extra 10 levels and added two bonus wall pieces to the game in version 1.1 and have more content planned for 1.2 (and beyond.)

Features summary:
  • Over 20 levels in version 1.1
  • Multiple challenges other than "basic" colored wall pieces
  • Hidden elements throughout the game
  • Game content updates provided on a frequent basis
  • Tilt your iPod Touch or iPhone to to scroll the game screen

The game website can be found at: www.gameroutfit.com

Screenshots:

About Gamer Outfit:
I used to work in the industry for a coin-op touchscreen game company and the iPhone gives me a perfect place to use the skills once again. Touch screen games require a very unique approach to the controls and I look forward to bringing new content to the platform. I've started small with WallZ and hope to bring out some more aggressive titles in the future.

I'm open to feedback on the game of course and any suggestions to future versions of it. The forums on my website are a great place for such feedback or you can of course leave me a note here.

Thanks for your support,
Todd

looks.......... very intriging...........