★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: A very entertaining idea for a game!

03-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
A very entertaining idea for a game!

Ok basiclly I came up with this a long time ago but remembered once again today.

I have always dreamt of a quick fighthing game. Let me explain. I know all of you are aware of a certain arcade game called Street Fighter, and also a free game in the appstore called Tap Of War; well this is my idea. I want to combine these two into a very user friendly but highly competitive game.

The premise: complexity in simplicity! I would like this game to have street fighterish cartoony graphics but with larger heads and smaller bodies. All the moves should be extremely detailed and VERY exagerated for the consumer to enjoy in a feast of effects and explosions. The game mechanism will consist of intense tapping on the screen.

But, how will just tapping form into a fighting game you ask? Simple. All fighting games are SIMPLE at first glance but are extremely intricate in a deeper level. I have noticed in the app store many games of such manner, so I decided to venture into this field myself. Basiclly what I want is that whats happening on the screen is in no one related to the simple tapping you are doing. I want it to be a glory of intricate moves while all you have to do is tap on a single part of the screen. For example succesive tapping involves a very lenghty punch combo, while three taps, a pause, and 1 more tap involve a type of hadouken move. Many moves will be involved for each character. You will not control the characters movement but its attack WITH SIMPLE BUTTON PRESSING.

The beauty of this idea is that it could be the next...well nothing like it for now!

So what do you guys think!?
03-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Hmmm.....

I have an even better idea!

I will take yours, claim it as my own, make millions, feel bad about stealing your idea, then spending the money to make me feel better!

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |

03-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris jones View Post
hmmm.....

I will take yours, claim it as my own, make millions, feel bad about stealing your idea, then spending the money to make me feel better!
perfect!!!!

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
03-25-2009, 10:05 PM
hmmm... sounds interesting but i cold see the accidental tapping causing a problem as well as timing.
however if someone does create a game like this it might do well depending on the quality of the game and the design of the controls as i think it might still take some work with the controls to get it to work right.
good idea though.
03-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jones View Post
Hmmm.....

haha is that a: you love the idea?
03-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Sounds like this game: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=304424713&mt=8

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Well...kinda but well implemented with fun graphics and very entertaining action unfolding on the screen. Trust me it would be something very fun!
03-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Here is the problem:

Yes, it would be a great idea.

But so is an idea of a 3D Online Role Playing set in a Lord of the Ring Universe far into the future after they have invented gunpowder and vehicles and the orcs were actually the soldiers of the Third Reich.

However, its not enough to say that the execution and implementation of the game play and graphics would be amazing.

Any game would be great if the graphics and game play were outstanding.

The main problem with this game would be the usability of the controls. The game would matter so much on timing, at least in the case the original poster portrayed the controls, that the game would turn out incredibly frustrating.

My company has been researching a method for a 'Street Fighter' style video game to create a user interface that is intuitive for the player to perform attacks and create combos for 2 players on one iPhone. The main problem is trying to pay attention to the characters and reacting by tapping the correct buttons.

EDIT: Actually, a futuristic Lord of the Rings game might destroy the integrity of the series and create an awful game.

EDIT EDIT: Thinking about it more makes me want to play a futuristic lord of the rings...

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |

Last edited by Kris Jones; 03-25-2009 at 10:55 PM.