★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

New Membership Title

03-25-2009, 09:55 PM
New Membership Title

I think that arn, or anyone with master power over the forums, should implement a new series of member titles.

Right now we have Junior Member, Member, and Senior Member.

But everyone knows that a good set of hierarchy makes things much more interesting, so her is my thought on the new titles, starting from newest to oldest member.

1. Junior Member = Initiate
2. Member = ?
3. Senior Member = Master Member
4. Moderator = Overseer

Feel free to add your own on what you think. We are all pretty much gamers here. Why not show that even more?

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |
03-25-2009, 10:36 PM
i think we should have developers with a "developer" title.

Vectorbox Games's "Dead Man's Dungeon" for iPhone and iPod Touch is Out Click Here!

03-26-2009, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattH View Post
i think we should have developers with a "developer" title.
+1
Definitely agree
03-26-2009, 04:28 AM
I like the names idea. How about this:

Junior member - Lite Version
Member - Bargain Title
Senior Member - Premium Title
Developer

Don't check this site or private messages often.
03-26-2009, 10:13 AM
no
get rid of it all together

seriously
spammers trying to become the next greatest title
no one gives a **** about how many posts you have
other then danny of course.
who with me?
scratch post counts forever!!
03-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongintheforums View Post
no

seriously
who with me?
You probably don't get this too often, but I'm gonna agree with you.

Do we really need more spamming so people can get to post 100, then 500 then 1000?
Do we need a "developer" title? I personally don't think so.
With all due respect, who cares if you're a developer, and who cares if you have 1000 posts. None of it makes your post more worth while than someone who only has 100 or isn't a developer.
It's the quality, not the quantity.
03-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Gah, I couldn't agree more about ditching titles all together. I'm sure you guys know as well as I do how annoying it is to see people try to post with some kind of superiority over someone else because they're a "Senior Member".

Congratulations, you spammed a Pocket God thread for a few days, as a Senior Member you're a true asset to the community!

Post counts are meaningless, like most things in life... Go for quality not quantity!
03-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongintheforums View Post
no

seriously
who with me?
+1. Although I do think the Moderator title is necessary, and the Developer title would be nice as well just so people can tell.

/l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?
03-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew2468 View Post
+1. Although I do think the Moderator title is necessary, and the Developer title would be nice as well just so people can tell.
Moderator title I agree is quite necessary.

Just my 2 cents, but as for the developer title, just indicate the app you've developed in your signature, along with the link to the app, and it's pretty much self explanatory that you're the developer...
Why does a developer need a title? They're the same forum member as everyone else with the same powers.
Only mods have power here so that's why only they should have a title.
03-26-2009, 11:28 AM
I posted this in another thread from last week about titles which I think is worthy of a repost:

Just throwing this out there, but how about we just get rid of the entire ranking system? I could care less if you've been here since the early days or have 2000 posts, and my guess is most people don't either. I come here because I enjoy talking about games, sharing ideas, and hearing what others have to offer. From what I can tell, this is becoming more complicated than it needs to be.

This forum is about games which are supposed to be fun, but honestly, there are times I think people take themselves way too seriously whether it's attacking newcomers or just being straight up bullies who think their view is more important than others.

In some ways, not having a ranking system is probably better than having any ranking system at all. If you're going to have one, then I think it goes back to why you need one and what do you hope to accomplish with one.