★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: I.D. Games Wish List

03-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
I.D. Games Wish List

Now that Id has released Wolf3D what game would you like to see next?

What's your thoughts on the price model so far?

If Id could get the rights to the Commander Keen series or Heritic/Hexen would you buy the game?

Do you want Wi-Fi Coop mode?

Last edited by Rad; 03-25-2009 at 10:48 PM.
03-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad View Post
Now that I.D. has released Wolf3D what game would you like to see next?

If I.D. could get the rights to the Commander Keen series or Heritic/Hexen would you buy the game?

Doom and Quake, of course. Maybe with more levels. (A level editor for Doom/Quake/Wolfie would be nice.)

Let's wait and see what happens, that's my stance. No doubt they will bring something special.

Co-op mode would be cool, especially for Quake. A direct competitor to LiveFire.

First game in progress...

03-25-2009, 10:44 PM
It's Id, not I.D.

If Quake was released LiveFire wouldn't stand a chance. Now if Rare would port Goldeneye 64...
03-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad View Post
Now that I.D. has released Wolf3D what game would you like to see next?

If I.D. could get the rights to the Commander Keen series or Heritic/Hexen would you buy the game?

apogee owns the keen games, not id. id only wrote the game, apogee published it, and they would have to be released by them, and as far as I know they have no desire to be in the iDevice market.

no other details but I do know they are still working on Doom. It will be the next release from id software. No timetable was given. I'm sure we will all be informed when it is submitted.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
03-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Yeah... unfortunately Apogee (3DRealms) don't seem to have a stake in the iPhone market and I've seen no plans for them -- which is a damn shame, 'cos we could eveven see Duke3D if they did. Ditto Activision -- now there's a company I'd like to see hop on the iPhone platform. Besides Hexen and Heretic, we could also get Activision Classics. Yum.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
apogee owns the keen games, not id. id only wrote the game, apogee published it, and they would have to be released by them, and as far as I know they have no desire to be in the iDevice market.

no other details but I do know they are still working on Doom. It will be the next release from id software. No timetable was given. I'm sure we will all be informed when it is submitted.
I think Apogee is not making any money on the series right now if they see how much money Wolf 3d and doom are going to make AGAIN they may change their minds rather quickly.
03-25-2009, 11:09 PM
My favourite is Quake3 arena. I think its just the sheer gladiatorial "kill or be killed" mentality that fires me up for this. And to know that it's already been done for jailbroken devices makes me want this even more via official channels!