iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Pocket HalfPipe (by NaffRobot)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Old 01-11-2011, 03:26 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Seriously nice little game.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:20 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I like skate games and from the screenshots looks good..but I would like to see a gameplay video also..

*Never mind...I bought it...downloading now..

** It's good!I like it!

Last edited by tonydeli7; 01-11-2011 at 05:54 AM..
Old 01-11-2011, 04:01 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydeli7 View Post
I like skate games and from the screenshots looks good..but I would like to see a gameplay video also..

*Never mind...I bought it...downloading now..

** It's good!I like it!
I think a problem is that the screenshots disclose little about the gameplay and controls (which are both excellent.) I wasn't interested in this when I first saw it until I read some reviews. The devs really should make a gameplay video.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:12 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

No idea where this came from, but it's solid. You choose a skateboard, kit out your skater, choose your music and then hop in the half-pipe. After a brief, to-the-point tutorial, you start to shred. You hold the foot icon to pump on the transitions to get air. While airborne, you can do a number of grabs by swiping the the hand icon in different directions. Same goes for kick flips and such, by swiping the foot icon and then tapping it to regain control. Tilting the iPhone controls spinning, which can be combined with either of the aforementioned moves to increase your score, but be sure to land square or you'll bail, dewd.

It's an extremely streamlined skater and is a perfect fit for the iPhone, IMHO. The graphics are nice, particularly the city backdrop, of all things. Character animations and personality are really good. There seems to be plenty more to this, but I only played a little bit before work this morning. Off to play more now, but I wanted to echo Gabrien's positive impressions and generate some more interest, particularly with the TA regulars. I think it's good enough to pick up, sight unseen. When a video goes up, people will pile onto this one.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:42 PM

Really the screenshots of the game looks very nice.Hope it is good and going to download.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:04 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Okay, I've unlocked everything. This game is phenomenal. A few words of caution:
  • If you aren't unlocking something almost every round, you're doing something wrong.
  • If you aren't having fun, you are doing something wrong.
  • If you feel like you wasted a dollar, you're doing something wrong.
I'm quite serious. The game could be pretty punishing, if you're playing it wrong, because you have to stick every trick or bail and start over. When you are sticking tricks, it is very fluid and much more forgiving that it seems at first. If you persevere, you get in the zone, and it is a riot. If you're not feeling that, re-examine your play style, replay the tutorial, do whatever it takes to play this game as intended.

There are three modes; High Score, Survival, and Big Air. Two are obvious and in Survival, you buy time on the clock with each completed trick. There is a slew of hidden tricks, each triggered using a different pre-defined motion that won't work until unlocked. Skaters will recognize each of these tricks, but no spoilers. There are vanity items; hats, hairstyles, boards, etc. There are quite a few Achievements, all of which you will bag, if you unlock all of the content. There are also leaderboards.

This a great, bite-sized game in which the developers didn't try to cram everything under the sun into the design and they managed to do this while still having meaningful depth. I may play through it again or may not, but the game is easily worth the dollar, particularly if you are into skateboarding.

Last edited by djflippy; 01-12-2011 at 01:13 AM.. Reason: sp
Old 01-12-2011, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Okay, I've unlocked everything. This game is phenomenal. A few words of caution:
  • If you aren't unlocking something almost every round, you're doing something wrong.
  • If you aren't having fun, you are doing something wrong.
  • If you feel like you wasted a dollar, you're doing something wrong.
I'm quite serious. The game could be pretty punishing, if you're playing it wrong, because you have to stick every trick or bail and start over. When you are sticking tricks, it is very fluid and much more forgiving that it seems at first. If you persevere, you get in the zone, and it is a riot. If you're not feeling that, re-examine your play style, replay the tutorial, do whatever it takes to play this game as intended.

There are three modes; High Score, Survival, and Big Air. Two are obvious and in Survival, you buy time on the clock with each completed trick. There is a slew of hidden tricks, each triggered using a different pre-defined motion that won't work until unlocked. Skaters will recognize each of these tricks, but no spoilers. There are vanity items; hats, hairstyles, boards, etc. There are quite a few Achievements, all of which you will bag, if you unlock all of the content. There are also leaderboards.

This a great, bite-sized game in which the developers didn't try to cram everything under the sun into the design and they managed to do this while still having meaningful depth. I may play through it again or may not, but the game is easily worth the dollar, particularly if you are into skateboarding.
I won't claim any particular real-world skateboaring expertise. But I can easily agree with this review. The game, put simply, rocks.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:59 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

This is one of the great surprises that come along every so often. I don't skate, but I liked the look of this, so I downloaded. I haven't stopped playing since. Created my own Playlist and have been skating all day (don't tell the boss).

A really great game, I cannot fault it. For the money this one is Flawless!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:01 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

So glad to see you guys coming on board with this one. I e-mailed the dev, hopefully he'll find his way here which should help this game get a little more attention.