★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Lightworx
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 5.0 MB
  • Version: 1.00
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The third ice age is upon us. The cold war re-ignites. Your country needs you!

December 2012: The atlantic gulf stream has stopped flowing north. Winds of change are in the air.

The Red Army from the east, constricted by the climate and the effects of nuclear reactor fallout begin to march west.

The third ice age is upon us. The cold war re-ignites. Your country needs you!

Conventional weapons have been made ineffective by the extreme cold. Due to the fallout from several large nuclear power station accidents a lot of the snow is radioactive. This makes an abundant and deadly weapon when formed into small spherical projectiles (snowballs). Use these to stop the Red Army in their tracks, but be careful..... They will be firing at you.

Emergency Transmission:.......

Several of our spies have been trying to infiltrate the enemy lines. They can be recognised by their coats which turn blue when seen by a friendly. Do NOT hit them. Friendly fire will cause your health to drop.

Message Ends..........

We at Lightworx are launching Future Warrior at a special price. Free. We have so many ideas on how to make this game even better and more fun, but we would like your help to do it. The more 5* reviews and comments we get, the sooner we will create new, funky updates. Eventually we will stick a price on this game, but we are not sure when. So grab it while it is hot and enjoy the snowy fun.....

Lightworx's comments:
Well the App review team surprised us by reviewing and approving this game in only 4 days.....

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/future-warrior/id410031148?mt=8

The third ice age is upon us. The cold war re-ignites. Your country needs you!

We have many more great ideas for this game, so please review and leave your comments, but I should point out that this was just a bit of fun for us to make the game. It is not meant to knock Angry Birds off the no1 spot :-) Hope you enjoy it
01-11-2011, 05:29 AM
I don't give 5 star ratings unless it's that good. I will download it and give you my opinion, but if everyone does that, then the games that do deserve it, dont get the recongnition they deserve. If you work hard enough, then you can earn it, but please don't beg for it so you will do updates. Do it to improve your game for the players.

I'll shut up now and try it out.

Add me to your Game Center .... Lacedolphin

01-11-2011, 05:52 AM
OK. Fair point. But please remember to review in respect of its price ;-)

We appreciate any and all comments as they all help us to become better at what we do...
01-11-2011, 06:08 AM
Some screenshots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fw-1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	28812   Click image for larger version

Name:	fw-2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	28813   Click image for larger version

Name:	fw-3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	28814  

Click image for larger version

Name:	fw-4.jpg
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	28815   Click image for larger version

Name:	fw-5.jpg
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	28816  
01-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Graphics inspired by South Park by any chance
01-11-2011, 07:40 AM
LOL, It's funny you should mention that......, but yes. Guilty as charged :-)

Do you like my singing on the menu screen? I have more frozen themed parodies which are available by popular request.... :-)
01-11-2011, 09:59 AM
A quick Gameplay video

Youtube link | Pop Up
01-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightworx View Post
LOL, It's funny you should mention that......, but yes. Guilty as charged :-)

Do you like my singing on the menu screen? I have more frozen themed parodies which are available by popular request.... :-)
Funny but I think it might become annoying eventually
01-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Trust me, I have listened to it for ages and annoying does not even come close!

Actually we plan to release a whole load of different songs and voices and then randomise them when people are on the menu. This is all we had at the moment of release and I glad that you found it funny :-)

(don't forget about the mute button!)
01-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Any hints or tips for us? Do you like it for free?