★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Some more Chillingo published titles revealed

03-26-2009, 12:20 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Some more Chillingo published titles revealed

Touch KO
Circuit Strike One
SEED
Boulder Dash
Return To Mysterious Island
Underground
Bullet Skater
Vampire Origins (trilogy)

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhon...ws.asp?c=12398

Quote:
Publisher of the acclaimed Zen Bound and immensely popular iDracula has more than a dozen new titles in the works specifically for iPhone and iPod Touch.

Speaking with Chillingo during Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, they revealed a wide-reaching slate including boxing simulation Touch KO, top-down shooter Circuit Strike One, and role-playing game SEED.

Director Chris Byatte highlighted the creativity behind his company's line up. "If you're going to compete in well-established genres," he stated, "you must have something special."

Early looks at the impressive 3D brawler Touch KO and shooter Circuit Strike One have an eye for mixing up their respective genres. Joining these titles are a revamped version of Boulder Dash, action-platform game Io, side scrolling shooter with a graffiti theme Underground, and tap-adventure game Return to Mysterious Island.

Two quick casual games are also in the line up: Bullet Skater offers tilt play to avoid getting hit by bullets, while Glide Factor provides touch-driven racing.

Perhaps the most intriguing of the titles Chillingo revealed is a horror trilogy of which little details were shared. Entitled Vampire Origins, the set of games will take a point-and-tap adventure approach to explore the world of vampires.

While Vampire Origins is expected at a later date, all of the titles Chillingo revealed during Game Developers Conference are set to hit the App Store before summer's end.

Last edited by arta; 03-26-2009 at 12:22 AM.
03-26-2009, 12:28 AM
Still no hacker evolution.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95

03-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
Do you even know what that is? Or do you just want it based on that little preview box on their site?
03-26-2009, 12:42 AM
Quote:
No iDracula 2
Hopefully tomorrow.
03-26-2009, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
No iDracula 2
Hopefully tomorrow.
If you read the first post, than that little teaser they have on their site is probably for that vampire origins thing, not idrac 2
03-26-2009, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
Do you even know what that is? Or do you just want it based on that little preview box on their site?
According to Dr.Arn Chillingo said it's a special port of the Hacker Evolution games for computer. So yes; I know what it is.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

03-26-2009, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
If you read the first post, than that little teaser they have on their site is probably for that vampire origins thing, not idrac 2

well shit
03-26-2009, 12:52 AM
I don't exactly like the way Bullet Skater is being considered nothing more than a "causal title". Although that is what it basically is, it offers more depth than some titles.

Sigh. So much for Chillingo's big promised announcement.....

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

03-26-2009, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletDev View Post
I don't exactly like the way Bullet Skater is being considered nothing more than a "causal title". Although that is what it basically is, it offers more depth than some titles.

Sigh. So much for Chillingo's big promised announcement.....
Ouch. But compared to the other games Bullet Skater is a casual game. No offense.

When do h think we can expect it?

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

03-26-2009, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Ouch. But compared to the other games Bullet Skater is a casual game. No offense.

When do h think we can expect it?
Soon. Real Soon. All we need to finish are the moving backgrounds, a bug in loading saved games and the final boss animations. Soon.

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic