★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Falling Jewels is an innovative puzzle game which combines the usual falling block and jewel games into something completely different.

Falling Jewels has a moving 3D background and crisp retina graphics to keep you eyes and not just your brain entertained.

You must position two jewels at a time onto a grid to form groups of 3 or more jewels in a line. This will cause the jewels to explode. Exploding jewels will give you points. Don't let the jewels reach the top or it's game over. It gradually gets harder and harder.

Simply press the middle of the screen to rotate the 2 jewels, and the sides of the screen to move them into position.

Have fun with this free app.

god0fgod's comments:
This creative new game combines the features of block falling games with those of jewel swapping games.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/falling-jewels/id413381251?mt=8

Falling Jewels has a moving 3D background and crisp retina graphics to keep you eyes and not just your brain entertained.

You must position two jewels at a time onto a grid to form groups of 3 or more jewels in a line. This will cause the jewels to explode. Exploding jewels will give you points. Don't let the jewels reach the top or it's game over. It gradually gets harder and harder.

Simply press the middle of the screen to rotate the 2 jewels, and the sides of the screen to move them into position.

Have fun with this free app.
01-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Falling Jewels is in the New and Noteworthy section which can be seen on the Puzzle page on the itunes app store.

Oddly enough the highest submitted online score, which isn't mine, is 117. My highest score is 1288! Come on people! The game isn't that hard!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-01-15 at 00.15.07.png
Views:	4
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	28941  

3D Monkey Curling - A fun game which you can play with up to 4 players with any mixture of AI and human players. Everything is rendered in realtime. Visit the website to learn more and to view the screenshots.

01-14-2011, 08:06 PM

3D Monkey Curling - A fun game which you can play with up to 4 players with any mixture of AI and human players. Everything is rendered in realtime. Visit the website to learn more and to view the screenshots.
01-14-2011, 09:31 PM
looks a little bit simple, but I will definitely try it Especially for free!!
01-14-2011, 10:49 PM
I hope you'll like it. Simplicity is good in my book. Tetris is simple and its brilliant.

The programming in this game was far from simple, I must mention.

01-14-2011, 11:22 PM
I agree simplicity is good
I meant visuals looked a little light, but if the gameplay is tight then certainly worth giving it a spin.

Pardon the plug but if you dig the simple-rules games, check mine out as well (also free for a short while)

01-15-2011, 07:15 AM
Okay, I'll look later.

I might change the appearance of the jewels. I was going to before I came to like the current ones.