★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Something strange is happening to the birds in Japan. A cloud creature called Raiju meets the old and worried Dr Knuckles, and together they go on an adventure through snow blizzards, volcanic ashes, moaning whales, upset dragons, unhealthy love, strange mutations and a terrified pelican. Will they find the evil root to all the mysterious things that are happening?

Requires iPhone 4 / 3GS with iOS4

* 20 levels in 7 worlds
* Retina graphics
* All moving characters in Raiju are made with stop motion animated clay.

Raiju [ra:u] , (also known as "thunder animal" or "thunder beast")
Raiju is a legendary creature from Japanese mythology. It was believed to inhabit clouds and occasionally fall to earth during thunder storms. Its body is the shape of a cat or a tanuki.

Instructions

Tilt the iPhone to move left or right. Press the button, drag it upwards (to adjust power) and release to jump. Try to jump from cloud to cloud. You can float between clouds, but only as long as your energy level is above zero. Eat small birds to increase your energy. Catch bigger birds and creatures by jumping on them. When you see the big hot air balloon, jump into it.

When you have completed levels, you can see your high score (as moon face expressions) by clicking the moon icon in the select level page.

strobanik's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Something strange is happening to the birds in Japan. A cloud creature called Raiju meets the old and worried Dr Knuckles, and together they go on an adventure through snow blizzards, volcanic ashes, moaning whales, upset dragons, unhealthy love, strange mutations and a terrified pelican. Will they find the evil root to all the mysterious things that are happening?

Introductory price $.99

Requires iPhone 4 / 3GS with iOS4

* 20 levels in 7 worlds
* Retina graphics
* All moving characters in Raiju are made with stop motion animated clay.

Raiju [raɪ:ʒu] 雷獣, (also known as "thunder animal" or "thunder beast")
Raiju is a legendary creature from Japanese mythology. It was believed to inhabit clouds and occasionally fall to earth during thunder storms. Its body is the shape of a cat or a tanuki.

Instructions

Tilt the iPhone to move left or right. Press the button, drag it upwards (to adjust power) and release to jump. Try to jump from cloud to cloud. You can float between clouds, but only as long as your energy level is above zero. Eat small birds to increase your energy. Catch bigger birds and creatures by jumping on them. When you see the big hot air balloon, jump into it.

When you have completed levels, you can see your high score (as moon face expressions) by clicking the moon icon in the select level page.

.................................................. ..................................................

Raiju is finally released, at an introductory price of $.99

If you'd enjoy writing a review on Raiju in the Appstore, I've got some promo codes to hand out. Leave a note in this thread and I'll PM you one.

Oh, and also, I'm the developer, so feel free to contact me if you'd like, also in this thread! Thanks

.................................................. ..................................................
01-12-2011, 05:54 AM
Hey this game looks interesting to say the least, all I have to say is good luck on this app sales wise. I really hope you sell well because the art direction and style is very unique, gameplay wise I'm a bit confused, but I really like the art of the game and as an art lover, I'd say this game is really interesting, definately admire the work you put into making this app, as I do for all developers.

01-12-2011, 06:44 AM
Hey, thanks Evilblackout2! Gameplay consists of trying to survive by jumping between clouds, and then capture certain birds or creatures that comes in your path. Once you do the story continues.

There is a great deal of variation in the game though, I've tried to include a new element of surprise in each level.
01-12-2011, 06:57 AM
This looks very unique. I'd love to try it out and leave a review in the app store.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
01-12-2011, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
This looks very unique. I'd love to try it out and leave a review in the app store.
As would I. This certainly looks very nice.
01-12-2011, 07:21 AM
stop motion animation? Excellent, this looks really innovative graphically.
Is there any sort of "making of" content on a website or in the app, that would be cool to view.

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh
01-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Then what's stopping you?

And on a completely unrelated matter: begging for promo codes is against the rules here. Even if disguised as obsequious banter.
01-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Then what's stopping you?

And on a completely unrelated matter: begging for promo codes is against the rules here. Even if disguised as obsequious banter.
Hey, dumbass, read the OP. He specifically said to ask in this thread if you'd like a promo code. If you look at my history, post count, etc. you'd realize that I NEVER troll for promo codes. Obviously you've been too busy spending a fortune on games you absolutely hate (i.e. 95% of the games on the app store) to read the OP carefully. I tried to take the high road with you Gabrien, but it's increasingly obvious that you are beyond reason. BTW, before the thread got hijacked by a professional hater I was coming here to post my app store review:

Raiju is a simple, but fun game with beautiful claymation animation. It appears that a single developer did all of the graphics and the wonderful music as well. Playing the game is almost a hypnotic, zen experience.*

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
01-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Hey, dumbass,
Come to think of it, name-calling is against the rules too.

Also, far from "taking the high road," you've attempted to engage me on a personal level on a number of previous occasions. (Which I have previously ignored.)

However, I'll make you a deal: don't respond to this, and I won't address anything further to you in the future. How's that high road looking now?
01-12-2011, 08:26 AM
One thing I didn't realize before playing a while is that if you hold the jump button for a bit, it allows you to drift toward the bottom of the screen. If you just tap the jump button, it keeps you toward the top which is far more difficult. I really like the music here. It sets a really nice mood. Thanks again to the dev for the chance to try it out. I'm attempting to leave my app store review, but for some odd reason, it says I need to own the game or have it installed to leave a review. Obviously, I do have it installed, but it's not registering for some reason. I'll keep trying.