★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Daikon Media AB
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 64.9 MB
  • Version: 1.2.2
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: #1 Music game in the Japanese App Store!
#1 Music game in the Swedish App Store!
Now with Game Center Leaderboards and support for In-App Purchase

A new music game tailored for the iOS devices, fully utilizing the multi touch screen with simple but addictive gameplay appealing to both newcomers to the genre as well as experienced music game fans.

Rhythm Control contains 13 songs by European and Japanese artists. Some songs are custom made for the game, others are hand picked licensed songs.

Gameplay and difficulty tweaked to make the game enjoyable for both beginners and advanced music game players.

Smooth 60 fps gameplay and retina display support!

Tracklist:
----------------------
Baby, I can Forgive - Data 80
Can You Save Me - Sophie Rimheden feat. Annika Holmberg
Desolate View - Boeoes Kaelstigen feat. Stefan Storm
Europhonic - 61°
Go Away (Duardo Remix) - Sophie Rimheden feat. Aaron Phiri
Gratefull Para-die-se - Die!!Die!!Color!!
I Miss You - Donk Terrorist
Kagami - 61°
Kiss Me Tonight - 61°
Night and Day - Data 80
RT-303 - Dee!
Snälla TV Plz - Slagsmålsklubben (unreleased song from their upcoming album!)
*NEW* Stars (RC2 preview song) - 61°
Youth Blood - Little Jinder

Please send your comments to us on Twitter, @daikonsoft.
All your feedback will be taken into consideration in our future development of the game.

*** This game has only been tested on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4/iPod 3rd and 4th generation devices. Compatibility on other devices is not guaranteed ***

Daikonsoft_japan's comments:
Hi!

We're happy to announce that our game Rhythm Control is now released and availiable in the App store.

Here's the details:

☆☆☆ #1 Music game in the Japanese App Store! ☆☆☆
☆☆☆ #1 Music game in the Swedish App Store! ☆☆☆

A new music game tailored for the iOS devices, fully utilizing the multi touch screen with simple but addictive gameplay appealing to both newcomers to the genre as well as experienced music game fans.

Rhythm Control contains music by European and Japanese artists. Some songs are custom made for the game, others are hand picked licensed songs.

The first release of the game features 12 songs. Additional songs are planned in free updates as well as in paid DLC.

Gameplay and difficulty tweaked to make the game enjoyable for both beginners and advanced music game players.

Smooth 60 fps gameplay.

Retina display support.

Tracklist:
Baby, I can Forgive - Data 80
Can You Save Me - Sophie Rimheden feat. Annika Holmberg
Desolate View - Boeoes Kaelstigen feat. Stefan Storm
Europhonic - 61°
Go Away (Duardo Remix) - Sophie Rimheden feat. Aaron Phiri
Gratefull Para-die-se - Die!!Die!!Color!!
I Miss You - Donk Terrorist
Kagami - 61°
Night and Day - Data 80
RT-303 - Dee!
Snälla TV Plz - Slagsmålsklubben (unreleased song from their upcoming album!)
Youth Blood - Little Jinder

Video made by a (skilled) Japanese player:

Youtube link | Pop Up

We will gladly answer any questions or listen to your feedback, add us on Twitter to keep up to everything regarding the game. @daikonsoft

02-07-2011, 02:48 AM
The game is now on sale for $0.99, for a limited time only.

Update adding one more song and support for Game Center was just submitted to Apple and should appear in the store soon!

02-07-2011, 03:45 AM
The gameplay looks really solid. I also really like the way the background and the rings animate.

If I may offer what I'd like to see updated I will say this: The text that pops up during gameplay as well as the Score font are a bit generic for my taste. It's a small gripe but I'm sure one that can be easily fixed. I'd say go for a font that has a bit more of a minimalist/futuristic feel and you will find that it goes a long way in helping the style.

I'd also like to see a combo meter/"star power" mechanic implemented for purposes of boosting score and keeping the player alive during tough parts of the song. But again, please keep it as minimal as possible to stay uniform with the rest of your game.

Otherwise this looks fantastic and I'll be sure to purchase it as soon as I get home. It will sit quite nicely next to muBlip
02-07-2011, 03:53 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

Actually, the scoring font was changed in the last update (the video is from ver. 1.00), we hope you will think it looks better now.

As for the combo/star power meter, we will consider it. There's already a combo counter, next to the timing message.

We hope you will like the game, please let us know if you have any further feedback.

twitter: daikonsoft
www.daikonsoft.com
02-07-2011, 04:04 AM
I like the old-school approach without any star meters to be honest, it gives me the beat mania feeling I had when playing that for the first time.
It's a really lovely game with a lot of different music styles and it actually helps the game that the graphics are very 'minimal'.

My little request: Sometimes you need to press one button various times in a row, especially with the faster songs it sometimes becomes hard to see how many times you need to press. it could be 4 or 5 times and it's hard to see if you're messing up your combo. It'd be great to have an option where the rings on these 'rapid button presses' could change colour alternately, like the first one normal, the second blue, the third normal again, and so on.. with this it'd be much easier to see how many times you need to press and it also fits with the colour scheme you have going with the double-press rings.
02-07-2011, 04:13 AM
Thanks for your feedback!
That's a great idea, we will try it out and hopefully include it in an update soon.
Did you try changing the ring speed in options? That makes it a bit easier to read too. Personally i can't play the harder songs unless it's on "very fast".

We're very happy to hear that you like the music, we tried to make it varied but still make sure all the songs works well in the game.
02-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Thank you for the response. I made my purchase earlier in the day and have been enjoying this fantastic game ever since. It's a really nice difficulty curve and the gameplay as I kind of gathered from the video is a brilliant mix of Ouendan and Jubeat. The music is really nice too, it's not what I normally listen to so it is definitely refreshing.

I'm really looking forward to the new song packs and I would love to see some chiptune music and new backgrounds thrown into the mix.

I'm going to suggest this game to everyone. And mods, can we get this up on the main page?
02-08-2011, 03:59 AM
Thanks a lot for your comments!
Chiptunes sounds like a good idea! we'll see what we can do

Suggesting it to your others is really nice of you, it seems like our game is still very unknown to everyone outside of Japan.
02-09-2011, 04:45 AM
If I may suggest another idea (stealth thread bump ), I think a pause button would fit really nicely between score and quit.

I may be blind but I haven't noticed a way to pause the song while playing. I was interrupted a few times at work today which caused me to have to reset. Not a huge deal but if I was on a really good run I'd be kinda pissed since I'm finding some of the later songs are really pretty hard. Even on easy. Thanks again for listening.
02-10-2011, 01:44 AM
Thanks!

Not having a pause button is a conscious choice from our part. We honestly don't think pausing works well in a rhythm game. We might re-consider it later on, but right now it's not really something we prioritize highly.

By the way, the updates is currently in review by Apple. Hopefully you all will be able to enjoy another song and online leaderboards very very soon