★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Burning Monkey Puzzle Lab

10-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Burning Monkey Puzzle Lab

I know it's only $.99 but was wondering what your feedback was on this app.
The reviews from the App Store are pretty bad, but this game kind of intrigues me.
Has anyone purchased this app and have feedback to provide?
10-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Send a message via AIM to fpugirl
I have thoroughly enjoyed this game. It has many different modes to it including a tetris like mode, or one where you have to match the colors together to get points. It's kind of twist between tetris and a match 3 game, if that makes sense. If you like tetris-y games, I would definitely recommend this game. There is a lot of playing time here as well. The challenge mode is fun as well, if you like goals in these types of games. It switches between the different modes which makes it more interesting.

I'm on twitter: http://twitter.com/fpugirl iTD, 7 Cities, The Creeps, geoDefense (i love TD games!!), Supermarket mania, Stone Loops...current fave games

10-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the reply. Probably the most important question is can I save my game when I exit the app? There is nothing I hate more than games that don't save your progress!
10-28-2008, 07:38 PM
I got it the first time it dropped to $1. It's a whole lot of game for $1, even for the full price. Definitely get it if you're even considering it.
10-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Send a message via AIM to fpugirl
Yeah, it looks like if you close it out, the next time you open the app and go back to the same game, it is still there. I'm guessing it's the same with phone calls too.

I'm on twitter: http://twitter.com/fpugirl iTD, 7 Cities, The Creeps, geoDefense (i love TD games!!), Supermarket mania, Stone Loops...current fave games
10-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the replies folks. I'll take the plunge!
10-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Its a really good game lots o game play

"Insert generic signature here"
10-29-2008, 09:48 AM
I find the control frustrating, though. It's OK when the game is moving slow (which it does for too long), but when it gets faster I find the controls pretty much unusable. I end up dropping pieces when I don't to, shifting them into the wrong columns, etc. In fact, even when it's slow I do this sometimes and that's perhaps even more frustrating when it happens. Perhaps I'm just lousy at these type of touch adaption controls, though. For me it pretty much kills the game, so I'm not in agreement with suggesting the purchase of it.
10-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
I find the control frustrating, though. It's OK when the game is moving slow (which it does for too long), but when it gets faster I find the controls pretty much unusable. I end up dropping pieces when I don't to, shifting them into the wrong columns, etc. In fact, even when it's slow I do this sometimes and that's perhaps even more frustrating when it happens. Perhaps I'm just lousy at these type of touch adaption controls, though. For me it pretty much kills the game, so I'm not in agreement with suggesting the purchase of it.
Well, as I said, I took the plunge.
I will agree with you and have found some frustrating moments regarding unintended flips and misguided drops etc.
And yes, once you get to those higher levels, it's really hectic and almost impossible to control.
At the same time, for $.99, I'm still relatively pleased with the purchase and it does provide a lot of gameplay value.