★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 50% OFF FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY!!!
----------------------------------------

Are you a super fan of WW? Are you a Top Gun at Flight Shooter Games? 1945 Air Strike takes you back to the cruel war and experience blood&iron! As the ace pilot of the US Airforce, your duty is to strike your enemies, hard and fast. Accomplish your mission and make history with your own aircraft!

Features:
*9 famous battles, including Operation Market Garden, Battle of Midway, etc
*3 stages: Germany, Japan and Soviet Union
*Destroyable environment and background
*Over 30 kinds of aircrafts and 10 kinds of tanks
*Original WW2 style sharp graphics and stunning audios
*Upgrade your aircraft and unlock more powerful weapons

Get ready to experience the most exciting air fighter game on your iPhone&iPod touch!

1945 Air Strike will only run on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPod touch 4th, iPod touch 3rd 16GB and 32GB, or better. NOT COMPATIBLE to iPhone 3G, iPod touch 1st, 2nd, 3rd 8GB. We are now working hard to make it run smooth on older devices. Thanks for your support!

Coming Soon in Updates:
*Game Center
*New game contents

gojoygame's comments:

We are always listening to you!
Ver 1.1 is out now. We fixed minor bugs and improved some details such as removing the fps display. As your wish, we are going to integrate Game Center in future updates~
01-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Anybody played this?

-----
On GC I am FPEX

01-13-2011, 05:05 PM
After playing it for 20 minutes i am not sure if its good or not.
the graphics are fantastically rendred an look great. the gameplay on the other hand is a little bit slow and repetive. there are some good ideas, jumping out with a parachute, buying special weapons... . but the game dont feels finished. on the left corner you can always see the framrate, that disturbes me. after a level there are endless bonuscores and you have to wait
to long until they are scored down. at the beginning of the game theres a video, which you cant break up. the game isnt really polished yet und should be updatet urgently.
But hey, its only 99c and if you are a really ww2 shooter fan like me
you should buy it and hope for updates. you could have some fun with it now.
01-15-2011, 11:29 AM
now, after the update, i can really recommend the game to any shooter fan.
the game is much mre polished now.
thanks for the update.
01-15-2011, 11:57 AM
game isn't that bad, looking forward to more content.

Drat!
01-15-2011, 12:41 PM
how are the controls? relative touch? it'd be cool if the devs could post a vid of gameplay also. Thanks!
01-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus1 View Post
how are the controls? relative touch? it'd be cool if the devs could post a vid of gameplay also. Thanks!
pretty good, yes relative touch. the airplane a little slow at first but once you complete the first mission you can purchase/upgrade plane speed ( which then makes a big difference)

Drat!
01-15-2011, 12:59 PM
game looks pretty good but how many of these games does one really need. there's quite a few of these overhead shooters available already on the appstore and I think i personally own about 6 or 7. While i enjoy them they are all basically all the same thing with little thats new or innovative. At 99 cents tho i guess its no big loss to try it out.
01-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDean69 View Post
game looks pretty good but how many of these games does one really need. there's quite a few of these overhead shooters available already on the appstore and I think i personally own about 6 or 7. While i enjoy them they are all basically all the same thing with little thats new or innovative. At 99 cents tho i guess its no big loss to try it out.
I love this kind of shooters and cant get enough of them.2 every week would be nice.
01-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCFields View Post
pretty good, yes relative touch. the airplane a little slow at first but once you complete the first mission you can purchase/upgrade plane speed ( which then makes a big difference)
thanks for the info. I'll give this a try.

Just got it and tried the first level. Control doesn't appear to be relative. When I press another area of the screen the plane flies to that location my finger is at. Would be better with relative controls, especially since you need to double tap to release a bomb. Also, the end of level scoring screen needs a bypass button, as you have to wait a while for the scores to be tallied. Also, it would be nice to be able to bypass or disable the opening movie before the game loads. Otherwise nice graphics and stuff to blow up!

Last edited by gus1; 01-15-2011 at 02:21 PM.