★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What are the best card strategy games on iPhone?

01-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
What are the best card strategy games on iPhone?

My new year's resolution is to try different types of games than I would normally play (puzzle, arcade, strategy, sim) so that I can broaden my experience of gaming and knowing that there must be some gems out there waiting for me to relinquish my hard .

I love playing card games in the real world so I thought I'd find out what is worth downloading. Please TA forum people, tell me what I need to download and why?

Thanks
01-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Slim pickins lemme tell you.

Right now Orions is your best game, and it is truely awesome.

A game coming up sometime soon (not sure exactly when) should be pretty awesome, and it's called Shadow Era. Supposed to be very MtG like, but pretty unique in it's own ways. But yeah, you're not going to find many card games.

If those are the type of games you are looking for. You mean like MtG (Magic the Gathering) and shit like that right?>

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think that they're stupid.
Win.

01-13-2011, 05:47 PM
I'd hold off until these come out. Both great games, my preference would be Shadow Era out of the two but I plan on having both.

Shadow Era: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...threadid=43380

Orions 2: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...threadid=72708

Game Center: Diligence
01-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booch138 View Post
Slim pickins lemme tell you.

Right now Orions is your best game, and it is truely awesome.

A game coming up sometime soon (not sure exactly when) should be pretty awesome, and it's called Shadow Era. Supposed to be very MtG like, but pretty unique in it's own ways. But yeah, you're not going to find many card games.

If those are the type of games you are looking for. You mean like MtG (Magic the Gathering) and shit like that right?>
yeah that's perfect. i have tried Orions but understanding the card strategy is challenging. More perseverance needed and less bugs as it freezes sometimes on my 2nd gen Touch. Thanks for the advice.
01-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
I'd hold off until these come out. Both great games, my preference would be Shadow Era out of the two but I plan on having both.

Shadow Era: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...threadid=43380

Orions 2: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...threadid=72708
thanks, Orions 2 could be interesting, I wonder when its out...the thread implied November but nothing yet I guess. Shadow era looks very cool
01-13-2011, 08:42 PM
I've been playing Stack & Deploy (realtime ccg) and Soul Card Master to pass the time before Orions 2 is released. Fun times.

Last edited by ZugZug; 01-13-2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: spelling
01-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZug View Post
I've been playing Stack & Deploy (realtime ccg) and Soul Card Master to pass the time before Orions 2 is released. Fun times.
Thanks

I like the retro space theme in Stack and Deploy but I reckon SCM master is the one for me, and a lite version too )
01-13-2011, 09:47 PM
sword and poker
01-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osujxu View Post
sword and poker
Weird it said available in US store (im in UK) and then wasnt available there anyway
01-16-2011, 06:47 AM
I like it too.