★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: It's not that easy to become a fireworks launching expert. Wicks, rockets and matches might help you out with that a bit! From one level to another, you will engage more and more into the beautiful world of pyrotechnics, obtaining more new skills and new ranks

There are 3 mode in this game:
*** Classic Mode ***
It's easy to understand and also a fairly easy game at first. Of course, each mode gets more and more difficult at higher levels, giving you an increasing level of challenge.
*** Time Mode ***
The main game has you working under a time limit as you try to launch a set number of rockets before time runs out.
*** Survival Mode ***
This is other variants, that goes until the screen fills with unused fuse pieces.

Gabrien's comments:
Old concept, but the execution is what counts. Best game of this type I've tried on the app store:

01-15-2011, 08:42 AM
@Gabrien: while I liked this one quite a bit on PC, I was afraid that the tiles are here on the iPod screen a bit too small for bigger fingertips... Your experience, does it work?

Now playing: Unworded, Aurora Puzzle Adventure, Steamworld Heist, PinOut!, Sproggiwood, Colorcube, kubic, Mekorama, Open Bar!
Waiting for: Any Star Realms expansion, Nyheim, Onirim
01-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractgamefreak View Post
@Gabrien: while I liked this one quite a bit on PC, I was afraid that the tiles are here on the iPod screen a bit too small for bigger fingertips... Your experience, does it work?
I haven't had any trouble. Controls feel very precise and the game as a whole feels very polished. Having said that, I suppose it's a personal thing, and does depend on just how large one's fingertips are. (I guess I'd classify mine as medium.) Also I had no idea there was a PC version of this, so it didn't have anything to live up to for me. I was just pleasantly surprised to stumble onto such a quality title.
01-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I was just pleasantly surprised to stumble onto such a quality title.
Thanks. I just needed some encouragement, as there is not much info on the web about this app yet... (It appeared on PC as a part of the PopCap collection some years ago.)

Downloading...

Update (some games later): One game mode from the PC version is missing unfortunately: a 'Strategy' mode, where you have a given number of matches and you can pick up additional matches from (temporary) bonus tiles, which appear when you manage to light more than one rocket at the same time. When you run out of matches it's game over. Clever and fun. Will write a few lines to the devs...

Now playing: Unworded, Aurora Puzzle Adventure, Steamworld Heist, PinOut!, Sproggiwood, Colorcube, kubic, Mekorama, Open Bar!
Waiting for: Any Star Realms expansion, Nyheim, Onirim

Last edited by abstractgamefreak; 01-15-2011 at 01:52 PM.