Crytek developing game(s) for iOS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by LBG, Jan 14, 2011.

1. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Sounds like they could be making some iOS games in the near future. And if there's going to be a graphics war involving Crytek, id and Epic like Pocket Gamer suggests then that will be awesome.

If they do come out with a game, then it will likely have a higher price. And that would be great because it should help shift the premium price point up a bit.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Crytek+news/news.asp?c=26694

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I saw that too. Personally I hope that they follow Epic's example by 1) treating the platform as an opportunity to do innovative work; and 2) creating tools that can be made available to other developers. Unfortunately id chose a discouraging route by creating a very slight game that serves more as a teaser for the console version than something that adds value to the platform.

In any event, I look forward to an announcement...

3. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    As long as they give us original stuff and not some shoddy Crisis or Far Cry port LOL. I mean a portable Crisis would be cool indeed, and would definitely look pretty on the iPhone, but yeah. Look what Epic did.

4. leslie2233

leslie2233 Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Yea following Epic's step is better because they took one of their Dev teams that produce small games, to take time & make a good game for the IOS compared to Carmack who basically made a 30 min, large sized game that is on rails.

5. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    I doubt Crytek will create a game for the iPhone, maybe just a promotional app, just like the game Rage, if they do though, I'd like them to take full advantage of the iDevices