★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Crytek developing game(s) for iOS?

01-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Señor Member [Original Poster]
Crytek developing game(s) for iOS?

Sounds like they could be making some iOS games in the near future. And if there's going to be a graphics war involving Crytek, id and Epic like Pocket Gamer suggests then that will be awesome.

If they do come out with a game, then it will likely have a higher price. And that would be great because it should help shift the premium price point up a bit.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhon...ws.asp?c=26694

Hakuna Matata
01-14-2011, 12:29 PM
I saw that too. Personally I hope that they follow Epic's example by 1) treating the platform as an opportunity to do innovative work; and 2) creating tools that can be made available to other developers. Unfortunately id chose a discouraging route by creating a very slight game that serves more as a teaser for the console version than something that adds value to the platform.

In any event, I look forward to an announcement...
01-14-2011, 12:33 PM
As long as they give us original stuff and not some shoddy Crisis or Far Cry port LOL. I mean a portable Crisis would be cool indeed, and would definitely look pretty on the iPhone, but yeah. Look what Epic did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think that they're stupid.
Win.
01-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Yea following Epic's step is better because they took one of their Dev teams that produce small games, to take time & make a good game for the IOS compared to Carmack who basically made a 30 min, large sized game that is on rails.
01-14-2011, 06:19 PM
I doubt Crytek will create a game for the iPhone, maybe just a promotional app, just like the game Rage, if they do though, I'd like them to take full advantage of the iDevices

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.