★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Blow Up the Frog! -the first frog blowing simulator

01-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Blow Up the Frog! -the first frog blowing simulator

Blow Up the Frog – the first ever hyper realistic frog-blowing simulator
Blowing up frogs, the mythical activity that everybody’s heard of but so few have actually tried. Who among us didn’t once have a friend who DID IT? Who did not, at one point or another, imagine what it would be like? Well, now anybody can do it. „Blow Up the Frog” lets you fulfill your childhood fantasy, taste the forbidden fruit, experience the taboo - and in a way that is not less spectacular than in real life, yet much more hygienic and safe (for the blower and the frog alike).

Blow Up the Frog – the precursor of touch’n’blow games
„Blow Up the Frog” offers a unique system for controlling one's moves and has an elaborate performance evaluation scheme. The controls are simple and intuitive: all you need to do is hold the amphibian down with your finger and blow into the virtual straw that is the iPhone microphone.
The player is judged by an interpond jury whose verdict is influenced by two factors: your blowing style and the degree of inflation, measured by the number of bubbles the frog lets out once back in the pond. In order to get the maximum amount of points, you need to achieve the biggest inflation with the fewest possible blows. The winner of the competition will receive a gold trophy designed by an artist especially for this app.

Warning! Excessive blowing will result in injuries to the frog and cause the player to be disqualified. The game requires caution and good reflexes.

Blow Up the Frog website: www.blowupthefrog.com

Check "Promo Codes and Contests" section to get this app for free.
01-14-2011, 06:34 PM
The first? Hardly. Cruel and disgusting too. What a joke of a "game".

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero

01-14-2011, 06:35 PM
lol @ blowing frogs.

Ipad 2 64gb, Ipod Touch 4 32gb. Avid gamer.
Too many favorites to list!
Agon/Open Feint/Gameloft/Plus+/Crystal/Game Center/XboxLive: "Zallman"
01-14-2011, 06:40 PM
As doodlejumper said, it's not the first. There was already a huge debate about how inhumane this kind of game is. Maybe it is time for a call to PETA. Maybe its a cultural thing though so I am willing to give it that much - but devs should think twice about releasing this stuff on the US market.
01-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michauchau View Post
Warning! Excessive blowing will result in injuries to the frog and cause the player to be disqualified.
I'm sorry but I just had to laugh at that.
01-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
As doodlejumper said, it's not the first.
Well, Pump up the frog is totally different genre. In that game you pump the froggie with oxygen tank by tapping the screen. I've seen the thread about it and "played" that game. I agree with Doodlejumper - that's sick!

In Blow Up the Frog you blow a frog with the straw (simulated by iphone microphone) which is traditional and natural way. It's covered in american literature. For example in a novel Harris and Me by Gary Paulsen. Page 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
There was already a huge debate about how inhumane this kind of game is. Maybe it is time for a call to PETA. Maybe its a cultural thing though so I am willing to give it that much - but devs should think twice about releasing this stuff on the US market.
US market is perfect for this. Just read something about George W Bush childhood: "Or we'd put firecrackers in the frogs and throw them and blow them up." US residents choosed this guy for a president! So devs thinks that US residents will choose app about blowing frogs.

I cannot agree that this kind of app is inhumane. This app is made for kids just to stop them from blowing real frogs which is disgusting and inhumane. I think „Blow Up the Frog” gives hope for an actual reduction in the number of real-life frogs being ruthlessly inflated.
01-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michauchau View Post
Well, Pump up the frog is totally different genre. In that game you pump the froggie with oxygen tank by tapping the screen. I've seen the thread about it and "played" that game. I agree with Doodlejumper - that's sick!

In Blow Up the Frog you blow a frog with the straw (simulated by iphone microphone) which is traditional and natural way. It's covered in american literature. For example in a novel Harris and Me by Gary Paulsen. Page 11

US market is perfect for this. Just read something about George W Bush childhood: "Or we'd put firecrackers in the frogs and throw them and blow them up." US residents choosed this guy for a president! So devs thinks that US residents will choose app about blowing frogs.

I cannot agree that this kind of app is inhumane. This app is made for kids just to stop them from blowing real frogs which is disgusting and inhumane. I think „Blow Up the Frog” gives hope for an actual reduction in the number of real-life frogs being ruthlessly inflated.
Ok well, wow, guess you are serious.

Good luck to you.
01-14-2011, 07:51 PM
If your childhood fantasy is to blow up a frog, you got problems.
04-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Blow Up the Frog is FREE during April Fools' Weekend. Happy blowing everyone!
04-13-2011, 10:57 AM
UUUUUU don`t play Hangman, it`s not nice to hang people. Come on people, it`s just a game, don`t play if you don`t like it, that`s all.