★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Featured on: NEW AND NOTEWORTHY Games - United States and 20 other countries
NEW AND NOTEWORTHY Board And Strategy - United States and 20 other countries
WHAT'S HOT Board And Strategy - United States and 20 other countries

--
Check out the lite version for straightforward online play. If you like it, purchase this upgrade to support the developer and further improvements to this game.

Annexation is a multi-player online real time strategy game with a medieval flavor. It's optimal on the iPad but works for all devices with at least iOS 5.0.

Fine tune your skills with 7 custom made maps - each harder than the last.

Play online immediately with opponents from all around the world or challenge your friends directly with Game Center. Or create your own with a map editor and play on that.

How to play: path your armies by selecting waypoints and sending them on their way to grow in farms and train in towns. Annex strategically important territory to increase your growth speeds and then gain victory by holding enemy castles or conquering enemy soldiers.

Create new maps to practice on and share them to a central server for others to play.

Artfoundry's comments:

Looks interesting, but can't find a video - really need one, especially since the description says it's an RTS, but it looks more like a TBS.
01-14-2011, 08:57 PM
What??? On iBetaTest.com, they just accepted me as a tester for this, although they haven't uploaded the files yet... And it's been released?

01-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooTinyMan View Post
What??? On iBetaTest.com, they just accepted me as a tester for this, although they haven't uploaded the files yet... And it's been released?
Weird. So you haven't played it yet then?

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams
01-14-2011, 11:31 PM
One good impression and I'm buying it. I love games like this... unless they suck.
01-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post
Weird. So you haven't played it yet then?
No, I haven't. But I am a registered beta tester... Maybe they just automatically accept anyone who applies.
01-15-2011, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
One good impression and I'm buying it. I love games like this... unless they suck.
Sounds like a TOFTT volunteer to me...

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
01-15-2011, 01:41 AM
oh,,just a beta tester, may we know how was it ?
01-15-2011, 01:45 AM
I have tested it. The game is like a RTS Knizia board game.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
01-15-2011, 04:49 AM
Screenshots look good but upon buying says incompatible with iPod touch 2nd gen I assume.
01-15-2011, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
I have tested it. The game is like a RTS Knizia board game.
That sounds promising. Can you explain that comment more? I am a big fan of Knizia games but I'm struggling to imagine them in real time.

This kinda looks like another Galcon type game from the screenshots.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms