★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: FusionXdevelopment upcoming company

10-28-2008, 10:08 PM
FusionXdevelopment upcoming company

Hi, FusionXdevelopment is a new company specializing in iphone programming. Now what separates this company from others is the openess to suggestions it accepts. I am the sole programmer for this company yup just one person, so about me : I am a sophmore in high school i have had no programming experience before this and am currently learning how to. Now here's where you members of TouchArcade come in i want suggestions i'm tired of developers ( with a few exceptions ) of thinking they now what the public wants so i'm asking you to help. Give me all and any suggestions for apps improvements anything i will take what you want and make it. I want something that the people will be able to instantly know they want it. If you members want a application that records how long you eat i'll do it what you want i'll try to do. However remember i'm a noob programmer and self teaching myself if anyone has any websites or hints to learning objective - c please feel free to email me at mrmonday123456@gmail.com
Happy Posting,
FusionXdevelopment
10-28-2008, 11:37 PM
what do you want to make, game, entertainment, what type of game, sports, action etc. I wish I could write code, so congrats to you. anything but a flashlight app!

10-29-2008, 05:39 AM
ya i'm hoping to make either a action game or a organizer utillity app
10-29-2008, 06:05 AM
Send a message via AIM to Magnulus Send a message via Skype™ to Magnulus
I think it's great that you're getting into the development game, but you need to make sure you know what you're doing before you start releasing games for the iPhone/ iPod Touch. Rather than going "I want to make an action game now" you should be thinking specifics. Part of the idea is to set yourself apart from the rest of the games. Another part of it is to NOT release games that are not finished! I cannot stress this enough.

As far as accepting feedback goes, there are quite a few developers who are active in this forum and accepting and using suggestions from users. You SHOULD make as sure as you can that users don't HAVE to complain to make the games better, first and foremost. Do NOT release games that are not finished!

Did I say that you should finish games before you release them?
10-29-2008, 06:12 AM
ya you put a very good point forwards. And on that issue i'll be making it in parts making sure each part works so the overall product is good
10-29-2008, 07:06 AM
http://xoridor.sourceforge.net/
port this game (GPL) to iphone. I don't even care about computer AI just make it playable by 2 people (not wifi either) just in person. You can start from scratch too. Only thing program has to enforce is placement of walls and allowed jumping if next to opponents piece.
10-29-2008, 08:28 AM
I am still patiently waiting on a non-crappy web app version of the board game Pente. It's another one of those connect 5 stone games with a twist, you can capture your opponents stones by surrounding two of them. If you capture five groups of your opponents stones, or connect five of your own stones you win. This is an amazing board game and a perfect candidate to be made into a mobile app.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pente
10-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Hey does anyone out there have any sites or books that can teach me from the basics how to program for the iphone. Because although i'm very ambitious i really am a noob and need some guidance and practice thanks
10-29-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm in the exact same situation as you. A good book (that I have not started reading) is "Become an XCoder" which is a free eBook. Just search it up on google. It teaches you the very basic concepts as programming, and after carefully reading it though multiple times, you will be able to move on to some more advanced techniques. Also, I want you to know what your getting yourself into. Learning Objective-C is like learning a whole new language, except harder. To reach your goal of making an action game, your going to have to take 1-3 years to learn. I'm not trying to lower your hopes, I'm just warning you.

I like your ideas of taking suggestions though. Good luck!
10-29-2008, 03:54 PM