Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-15-2011, 01:28 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Default Empire Online out in US (FREE Turn-based MMORPG)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by zxelman; 01-15-2011 at 01:44 PM..
Old 01-15-2011, 01:45 PM

Default Empire Online has launched!

The iOS is known for lacking decent MMORPGs, and Lakoo is here to deliever
Empire Online is the largest iPhone MMORPG. A massive, classic MMORPG that is free in the iOS!

"The Lakoo team has been anxiously awaiting Empire Online's expansion into the North American market," said Kin Ko, CEO of Lakoo. "We can't wait to give English-language players the keys to the kingdom. You won't believe how many MMO elements we can fit on a smartphone."

Game Features:
- Turn-based battles: Classic RPG style, where strategy is heavily relied to win.
- Empire system: Players can manage their own empires by constructing buildings and joining forces with other players.
- Mixed class: There are four races in the game with five different classes. Players can equip or learn skills in a criss-cross manner, there is no limit in terms of character building.
- Character customization: Players can change appearances with different equipment to show their fashion senses.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Download now!

Lakoo
Old 01-15-2011, 01:52 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Lazuli

Hooked on this since this morning. The turnbased gameplay really suits an iPhone mmo and the combat definitely shows scope for quite tactical play. The zones are varied, the quests relatively intriguing (though ultimately your standard mmorpg fare) and the world in general lush and captivating (some lovely art). Definitely an advocate for portrait orientation and tap to move too.

If anyone else is playing, add me (currently 12 archer): 'O'
Old 01-15-2011, 01:53 PM

Default Game Impressions

First time I made a thread like this. Since no one bothered to put this on the released iPhone/iPod Touch games board, I wanted to volunteer. If you think I should change the way my post or title is a bit, go ahead and suggest.

Game Impressions:
I played this for a bit last night when it was released and it's quite different than what I was used to when it comes to playing MMORPGs. You have 4 races and 5 classes to choose from, each having 4 of their own styles and genders each. Each race can't have access to all the classes available, so to play a certain class, you need to be a certain race. They are:

(Race - Classes)

Eastland - Warrior, Kung-Fu Fighter

Nordic - Warrior, Wizard

Atlantis - Hunter

Maya - Shaman

So you have technically five classes to choose from. You can have up to 4 character slots per server line (there's only one server line at the moment) on each account.

After choosing your class, you are set into your own class-specific "Beginner land" for you to learn specifically about your class as well as how to play. You move by tapping simply where you want to go.

First thing you may notice is that you play the game in potrait mode (iDevice facing in vertical position). It's different playing an MMO on a iDevice this way but it suits the game very well and it gives a very nice casual feel. There are no virtual joysticks and you access everything by touching it. It works so well that it gives such a nice appeal to ANY kind of player. With that, all buttons are responsive the way they should be. Just awesome.

One thing worthy to note, if you want to know about a human player nearby and see all their equipment, a couple of details about their status, or if you can invite them to your party/empire or PM, you do NOT tap on them. Instead you tap on the search icon at the bottom of your screen and select from a list of players at your current area. A little weird, but this isn't too much of a problem. In fact it prevents clutter on the screen or accidental tapping that can lead to fustration seeing player menus open up when you are trying to move.

Now on to battle. You just pick your move and wait for everyone else on the battlefield to choose as well, course there is a 30-second time limit for you to pick your move (60 on first turn) so the game can get moving. After that, each player's and/or monster's turn is performed in the order determined by their speed stat.

Battling is quite fun with other people on your side, especially when the battles get interesting. It's possible to heal other players with your healing items or spells. It may be possible to buff people too if there is a skill out of 1000 that does that, but I'm not entirely sure. I suggest playing this game with a friend or someone on TA to stick with to get full enjoyment out of this.

One weird thing is that people are able to join your party and immediately have you become the leader of it. You can change this in the in-game settings and have the option set to manual so they can't join you without your consent. The other thing is that when you join someone's party, you are forced to follow them. Since the game can allow parties up to 20 people, it would be troublesome to keep them all nearby, but I wish for an option that will let you roam by yourself, but that would require more technical coding as you might run into different monsters. It's not a big deal, but could be somehow improved. The game lags a little when you are following the leader though, but battles appear on-time which is usually all that matters.

You can chat in multiple channels such as to everyone in the server, people in your empire, party, area, and to just 1 person. You are also able chat within battle, but type quick so you don't run out of time.

There are optional in-app purchases that allow you to purchase silver. These help get you slightly better items for your level as well as reach beyond a certain level in your skills. In other words, they can help a lot but they don't limit gameplay.

Pros: The menus are polished, the game is stable, I love playing in potrait mode, no lag on my 2nd gen iTouch, the battles get more and more interesting, and I can't wait to try out a massive PvP battle.

Cons: There's not that much bad things I can think about besides the grammar of some NPCs. They were worse in the beta but it could be a bit better. Also, there are a few Koreans that chat and play in this server, but it's not much of a problem. And there are a few things that could polish the game like where you are on the map. Not to mention, this game is probably a grinder's heaven. It may take awhile to level up later on, but on the bright side it's not as mind-numbing as The World of Magic since this is strategy.

Overall, 4 out of 5 from me. Great game that could use just a little more work on but has already shown enough polish and decent gameplay to become a nice, big game. It's free so I suggest trying it out if you like turn-based games or MMOs.

Last edited by zxelman; 01-15-2011 at 03:23 PM..
Old 01-15-2011, 02:05 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

about time =P

Beta tested this a while back. If they fix up some of the localization issues and bring a server over here in the States, this could be solid.

It's a level or 2 above other mmorpg's on the device imo (Alot better than IMO).
Old 01-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Banned
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

yeah me too.GET IT

Old 01-15-2011, 02:32 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Briefly played the beginning tutorial section. It's not bad. Seems like there are plenty of quests so you wont be left grinding for long periods. The in app purchases dont seem to be so awesome that you must shell out a ton of money. No retina display but did you really expect it? Controls work well and is responsive.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:27 PM

I probably should have waited a little bit before making a topic on this. I made a topic before this but I don't know if I should have. Should I post my game impressions from the other topic here?
Old 01-15-2011, 05:30 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

got it this morning and its interesting I just have to get into it more
Old 01-15-2011, 05:41 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

If you guys think this isn't an IAP fest you are gravely mistaken. There are quest that actually require the Online store purchases which take IAP money packets to obtain. On top of that, you can greatly influence the leveling / gear of your character through IAP and even get some PVP perks.

This game is really fun and well polished but the way the IAP are presented are totally bias towards people who are willing to spend the money. Giving an pretty big leverage over those that don't.