★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: In this magical Augmented Reality experience, surround yourself with friendly butterflies indoors or out! Turn the screen and see all the butterflies flying around you. Touch the screen and watch them land. Includes a Viewer and a Game.

THE VIEWER - Use the Viewer to look around you and see butterflies. If you touch the screen near a butterfly, it will fly over and land on your finger. It's like being surrounded by friendly butterflies wherever you are! Take a photo of your augmented reality by touching the camera button and then optionally send it as an email. Live Butterflies includes the Monarch Butterfly, the Blue Morpho Butterfly, the Banded King Shoemaker Butterfly, and the Orange Tip Butterfly. In the Viewer, open the menu and choose which butterflies are in your augmented reality.

THE GAME - Play the Game and catch as many butterflies as you can before time runs out. Use the screen to look around you and touch the screen to catch them! They might be above you, at your feet or even behind you so be sure to look all around.

SeaLionGames's comments:
Live Butterflies requires the camera and the gyro of the iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4th generation and creates an Augmented Reality experience. It includes a Viewer and a Game and uses Game Center for High Scores.

Here is the app info
01-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Seems interesting, any chance you have a Video for this?

When to use A or An in a sentence.
Use A if the next word begins with a consonant sound.
Use An if the next word begins with a vowel sound.
**Game Center** Nekcik
01-23-2011, 03:25 AM
Video: Live Butterflies App for iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4th gen

Originally Posted by Nekcik View Post
Seems interesting, any chance you have a Video for this?
Here's a video of "Live Butterflies" in action. Using the built-in video camera and the gyroscope, Live Butterflies puts butterflies into your surroundings. It includes both a Viewer and a Game, and this video shows the Viewer.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Live Butterflies on the App Store
01-23-2011, 05:16 AM
moved to its own thread

Last edited by SeaLionGames; 01-23-2011 at 05:20 AM. Reason: moved to its own thread
01-23-2011, 10:57 AM
this looks really cool

I review apps on my YouTube channel! If you would like me to review your app then message me! CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF GAMES I'VE BETA TESTED