★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The "REAL" Blocks Cometh

01-15-2011, 05:32 PM
The "REAL" Blocks Cometh

***UPDATE***

LAUNCH DATE: FEB 17th!!

***UPDATE!***

The Blocks Cometh trailer!

Some of you may know about this story already but in case you don't, our flash game The Blocks Cometh was stolen from us and made into an iPhone game. That game is now in the top #100 on the US charts. We've contacted apple about the copyright infringement and we are waiting to hear back from them. There is an article about it on Destructoid

We were in the process of porting this exact game to the iPhone when we noticed the rip off on Thursday evening.

I've summed up everything that has happened in the last few days on our blog. www.halfbot.com

We are working very hard to get The Blocks Cometh ported to the iPhone and it should be ready to submit to apple soon.

I urge everyone, please DON'T buy the version up there right now and wait until the official one is released. It will be better, we promise!

The flash game is available to play now The Blocks Cometh

Last edited by Halfbot; 02-15-2011 at 09:35 PM.
01-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
I was thinking about getting the game but I read your post about it being stolen so I decided not to get it. I feel sorry for you guys. I hope that game gets pulled. I'll definitely wait for the REAL version. I hope it rocks!

01-15-2011, 07:02 PM
I saw that one and was so unhappy to see how bad the art was. Hearing the story about it not being legit was good, and now that it's really coming it's great!

Hugeworm was another one of their ripoffs, ala Effing Worms. Horrible controls give that one away pretty quick.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
01-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Looks like the real one has better controls. I'm glad I held off on buying the rip-off.
01-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Looks so much better than the fake. Can't wait to play this one and rant on and on about how badly the fake sucked!!

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
01-16-2011, 12:01 AM
I havent played the rip off version but I did watch a demo video, and stolen ideas aside, I must admit the chiptune soundtrack is awesome and the addition of a sword over a side shooting gun I thought was great as well.

Hope things work out for you, maybe steal their additions to your game? lol
01-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Haha so if you get ripped off you can sue right? And take their profits or something?
01-16-2011, 12:32 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
I played the flash version and I think this game will definitely work better on idevices.
01-16-2011, 02:30 AM
Sadly, i'm not sure apple will pull the app merely because of your report, because it does not breaks any law unless you copyright (or) trademark the name. I suggest you better trademark it soon and get the thief's app down before you release your game

Look at this thread, similar thing happened to a friend of mine, the app is still up despite his report to apple.
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=68906

These practice are happening quite often now, not only done by some unknown chinese developer nowadays, even big companies like Capcom does this kind of shit
01-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Terribly sorry to hear about this. I will admit I had bought the game, not knowing about the original or that it was stolen (not just from you, but from League of Evil, an upcoming game, as well).

I WILL be buying this version, and I do hope Apple pulls this cheap knockoff from the store.

Favorite: Doodle Jump, Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Battle Bears, Hook Champ, Incident, Minigore, Helsing's Fire, Monster Dash, Tilt to Live, PvZ, Super Mega Worm, Age of Zombies, Wispin, Cut the Rope & Rogue Runner

Last edited by QBC; 01-16-2011 at 09:27 AM.