★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SavySoda
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 33.9 MB
  • Version: 4.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Finally, GUNBOUND style Massive Multiplayer Online Warfare has arrived for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad! Crush your enemies (or friends) with gigantic boulders and hundreds of different weapons. Best of all, it's FREE!

Battle in beautiful SCORCHED EARTH style cross section environments. Equip fully customizable Mobiles and Avatars! Build the perfect counter against your enemies. Make new friends along the way. Change your strategy depending on the landscape. Use special Items to knock out your opponents. Power up your mega SS weapon to deal devastating damage. Level up to 88 in this version. Get new items with each level.

This game is like Angry Birds vs Friends!

EXPERT REVIEWS:
Apple iTunes --- "Featured: New & Noteworthy"
Appolicious Yahoo --- "Featured App"
Best Free iPad Games.com --- "I love this game"
The Game Trial --- "App of the Day"

FEATURING:
- Massive Online Multiplayer Battles
- 50+ Awesome Stages.
- Online Achievements, Leaderboard, Forums, Chat
- 88 Xp Levels
- Over 500 items.
- Construct you own unique weapons.

REGULAR FREE UPDATES

Note: Some items/levels require in app purchase.

More iOS Games:
http://www.savysoda.com

savysoda's comments:
Hi.

We recently released our new game Eenies at war. It's a massive multiplayer Worms/Gunbound style game using Gamecenter.

If you're interested in these types of games please check it out and let us know what you think. It's FREE also.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eenies-at-war-v1-2/id387156198?mt=8&uo=4

SavySoda
01-17-2011, 06:19 AM
thaaaaaaannnkkkk yoooouuuuu! you have fufiled my gunbound needs. you guys did a great job and i like the ss shots and customization. the online was the icing on the cake

Last edited by Jtown4prez; 01-17-2011 at 09:26 AM.

01-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Game Impressions

Hey Guys,

Just to start.... GREAT GAME!!!

But in the interest of improvment:
- The angle and power has a tendency to be under your finger if this could be moved to the top, side, bottom.... somewhere else, that would be great.

- Also some more info on how the stats for weapons work. I know it's not that complicated but it was a nasty surprise to spend a wad of cash at the start and find i need more parts.

- On the hard levels it seems the friendly AI is pretty dumb and the aliens are seriously accurate. Like trying to protect the eskimo. I made it to this level ages ago and can't get the achievement without a couple of weeks of online play to raise the cash for the guns. While this isn't a major issue, just seems a bit unbalanced.

Ok I'm done ranting. I am addicted to this game, I play it at work and at home, in the car and in bed. Please release more single player games.

Cheers

Ed
01-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Awful controls. Can't you add a line showing your previous shot? Knowing your shot was 33 degrees and 79% power is not helpful when you got a wobbly finger.

Also, the difficulty definitely needs to be tuned.
01-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Thanks

Thanks for feedback.

Our new update (v1.3) should be released Apple this weekend. We've toned down the AI and difficulty a little, added a tonne of items, and a new level too.

Also we've started work on the next (v1.4) update... which has LOTS & LOTS OF NEW LEVELS + SOME COOL SURPRISES...
01-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Wow, this looks VERY interesting! I'm gonna try it soon!
01-25-2011, 02:53 AM
v1.3 released!

Woohoo V1.3 is LIVE!

We added this super cool missile defence system. Let me know if you like it! I can add more stuff in next version.
01-27-2011, 07:09 AM
Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammabeam View Post
Wow, this looks VERY interesting! I'm gonna try it soon!
Oh ya here's a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6En-bWXxKw
02-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Possible Improvements

Hi Saavy Soda,

First off let me say that I very much enjoy Eenies at War. Before the v1.3 release there were some infuriating issues. These have mostly been addressed and I thank you for that. However I have some other suggestions that would make this game much more accessible / enjoyable. As an iPhone dev myself I understand how constructive criticism can be extremely useful.

Possible In Game addition:
  • Add a FAQ / small support section
  • Add small interface to support forum for the community to help each other and / or discuss progress (where the manual will be)

Possible Game Bug / Fixes / Additions:
  • For equipment purchase, there needs to be an more obvious tooltip to describe what equipment can be used with what. I've found myself buying things that aren't compatible with what I expect it to be.
  • Equipment Description- I find that the fucntion of each piece of equipment, specifically weapons are mostly unexplained (the name being the only clear indicator for what function they posess). Possible add a small description denoting weapon function ("tap to activate ability, after fired")

AI Tweaks:
  • Most of the time in battle your AI partner is about as useful as a dull knife at best. The enemy AI almost always bombards / overwhelms the AI and then moves onto you. Some improvement in this realm would prevent frustration, and / or giving up entirely.
  • Character migration - I own the iPad / iPhone, since Eenies uses Gamecenter I thought I could install Eenies at war and play on both devices seemlessly. It would be nice if we could get functionality to allow either character migration or retrieval (via Gamecenter or Facebook).

UI improvements:
  • Info / Player Stats- It would helpful to have to allow a player to see his / her stats all in one place (win-loss, how much exp left to level, equiptment stats). Perhaps allow the user to tap on their portrait and an overlay will appear which contains more indepth information.
  • GUI- For the most part the UI is easily navigated. I understand the current setup works, a user has to tap randomly to discover what each button does. However I would suggest either tooltip, text overlay or improved Icons (Shop could feature a little bag/sack overlayed the olive leaves much like RPGs are known for, its a universally recognized icon), just to make things more obvious.

This list is a work in progress, everyone please add to this list. I enjoy this game, I would love to see the community help improve it. Thank you

GameCenter - CntrlZ
02-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uBainow View Post
Hi Saavy Soda,

First off let me say that I very much enjoy Eenies at War. Before the v1.3 release there were some infuriating issues. These have mostly been addressed and I thank you for that. However I have some other suggestions that would make this game much more accessible / enjoyable. As an iPhone dev myself I understand how constructive criticism can be extremely useful.

Possible In Game addition:
  • Add a FAQ / small support section
  • Add small interface to support forum for the community to help each other and / or discuss progress (where the manual will be)

Possible Game Bug / Fixes / Additions:
  • For equipment purchase, there needs to be an more obvious tooltip to describe what equipment can be used with what. I've found myself buying things that aren't compatible with what I expect it to be.
  • Equipment Description- I find that the fucntion of each piece of equipment, specifically weapons are mostly unexplained (the name being the only clear indicator for what function they posess). Possible add a small description denoting weapon function ("tap to activate ability, after fired")

AI Tweaks:
  • Most of the time in battle your AI partner is about as useful as a dull knife at best. The enemy AI almost always bombards / overwhelms the AI and then moves onto you. Some improvement in this realm would prevent frustration, and / or giving up entirely.
  • Character migration - I own the iPad / iPhone, since Eenies uses Gamecenter I thought I could install Eenies at war and play on both devices seemlessly. It would be nice if we could get functionality to allow either character migration or retrieval (via Gamecenter or Facebook).

UI improvements:
  • Info / Player Stats- It would helpful to have to allow a player to see his / her stats all in one place (win-loss, how much exp left to level, equiptment stats). Perhaps allow the user to tap on their portrait and an overlay will appear which contains more indepth information.
  • GUI- For the most part the UI is easily navigated. I understand the current setup works, a user has to tap randomly to discover what each button does. However I would suggest either tooltip, text overlay or improved Icons (Shop could feature a little bag/sack overlayed the olive leaves much like RPGs are known for, its a universally recognized icon), just to make things more obvious.

This list is a work in progress, everyone please add to this list. I enjoy this game, I would love to see the community help improve it. Thank you

GameCenter - CntrlZ
Cool thanks for that. I just submitted a new update to apple which adds forums, ai changes, and new items.

I like your suggestions for ui will def make some changes here. and character migration.. why didn't i think of that!