Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-17-2011, 02:46 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Spike Dislike [99]

SpikeDislike ($0.99,0.59,equiv.)
SpikeDislikeLite (free single-mode edition!)

Only a month ago, this game seemed to jump out of a random thought. A nice simplistic game with a ball that jumps over spikes.
It's not a difficult concept, but having whipped up a quick trial version, it instantly became an incredibly playable game.

Having attempted a plain desktop edition, and a vaguely working Browser-based edition, I figured it was finally time to go big/small, and do an iPhone/iPod/iPad edition.

Exactly as it says in the logo!
All you have to do is dislike the spikes!

Youtube link | Pop Up

SpikeDislike ($0.99,0.59,equiv.)
SpikeDislikeLite (free single-mode edition!)

More to come, and I appreciate any/all comments.

Last edited by Jayenkai; 02-08-2011 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: Switched to the newer trailer, which oddly isn't that much better!
Old 01-18-2011, 04:30 PM

For the next day, in order to drum up a bit of support for the game, I've made Spike Dislike free!

I'm hoping for some comments/suggestions/thoughts, too, so if you've got anything, let me know.

Thanks all!
Old 01-18-2011, 04:39 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

hmm I loving the game design and creativity of it but if you're going to put a price on it's got to have better graphics imo.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Very simple yet strangely addictive.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:41 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

This is actually a super nice game. My advice: get a (time limited?) lite version out. I might not have looked at this twice if all I saw was some screenshots but after having played it would pay for the full version in a heartbeat.

Another thought: if you ever decide to add something in the way of power ups or special abilities, please do it as a separate mode. While there is heaps of potential and you definitely should explore it, there is definitely something particularly compelling about the game being as pure and simple as it currently is.

Wish you lots of luck with this, and I owe you a buck. Which is to say, I'll probably buy sight unseen whatever you release next.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:27 PM

Thanks for the comments, all!
@Invadorgrey : Better Graphics is a work in progress! I think I'm in love with the retroness of it

@awp69 : The game's addictiveness is what made it happen! Once the test version became more playable that it should've been, it was a no-brainer doing the iPhing edition.
Hopefully it continues!

@Gabrien : I like to think in terms of DVD Extras. You might buy a DVD for deleted scenes, directors cuts, commentaries and more, but the original's still there when you want it.
I won't break the game! (Or at the very least, I'll try my darndest not to break the game!!)

Time Limited is on Apple's list of do's and don't's, alongside "Don't make a game with buttons that don't work", and "Don't make it a demo", and other such things.
Hey, who am I to complain!
Instead I'm thinking that if I bump up the bonus-features, then I can switch out the current version as the Lite, and have the bumper edition be the full one.
To me, that makes more sense.

There's extras planned, but they all seem to need each other, as opposed to being little elements I can easily drop in. so... might take a week or two to get it all up and running.
I'll let you know!

Meanwhile, keep playing
Old 01-21-2011, 06:22 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Spike Dislike: lots of like.

It is rather addictive.. I've been playing it since the previous version for pc/mac. I'm constantly going like "ooh I can make this jump, I can make it, yea---nooooooo, why did I do that!?!?"

My top score on the iPad so far is 4462. (from before the update which added multiple difficulties etc).

Nice work Jayenkai! Looking forward to more of your stuff on iOS!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:49 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

cant believe i missed this being for free!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:28 PM

After reading the TA front page article, I plan to download this soon. The article mentioned the possibility of online scores; is this definite? Seems like the type of game that would mesh perfectly with Game Center and such.

Looking forward to giving this a try.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:32 PM

Looks great!