★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

NobiNobiBoy coming to iPhone

03-26-2009, 09:09 PM
NobiNobiBoy coming to iPhone

Pocketgamer reports NobiNobiBoy, from the creator of Katamari, will be coming to iPhone. I was pretty jealous that it was released on PSN and not XBL. Namco is publishing the title.

Last edited by HardcoreEricXXX; 03-26-2009 at 09:26 PM.
03-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Saw it too at: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/26/gd...ing-to-iphone/

Quote:
During Keita Takahashi's adorably quirky GDC panel, the Katamari Damacy creator revealed an upcoming iPhone version of the currently PSN-only Noby Noby Boy. It's good news for Noby fans, even those without iPhones: the iPhone game will interface with the PlayStation 3 version to help contribute to the ongoing growth of Girl into the entirety of the solar system -- a task that, according to Takahashi, would take 820 years at the current rate.

As for price and release date: "In terms of iPhone, we just started doing this a week ago. Price-wise might be like free."
This is good: i don't have a PS3

No DPad - iPhone and iPod Touch gaming. Who says gamers need a dpad?

03-26-2009, 11:41 PM
Hopefully it'll have better framerate. iKatamari is an awful port. It's good for those who never played the PS2 version as otherwise they'd realise how choppy the framerate is (and the graphics are worse too, of course).

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
03-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Eh, Namco has done poorly with Katamari and Inspector Gadget, so not too happy with the fact that they're in charge here.

Then again, I have a PS3 -- maybe I'll just check it out on PSN.
03-26-2009, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkei View Post
Hopefully it'll have better framerate. iKatamari is an awful port. It's good for those who never played the PS2 version as otherwise they'd realise how choppy the framerate is (and the graphics are worse too, of course).
Beautiful katamari on 360 is far better.
It wasn't ported to the iPhone; It was created for the iPhone. Also, I don't know if you saw the other mobile versions, but The iPhone version wups their butt.

Last edited by HardcoreEricXXX; 03-27-2009 at 12:59 AM.
03-27-2009, 03:40 AM
Send a message via AIM to s0mah Send a message via Yahoo to s0mah
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreEricXXX View Post
Beautiful katamari on 360 is far better.
It wasn't ported to the iPhone; It was created for the iPhone. Also, I don't know if you saw the other mobile versions, but The iPhone version wups their butt.
I wouldn't be surprised if Apple rejects this game due to the fact that Boy essentially shits on demand.

Whatever though.

Bandai-Namco will shoot themselves in the face again by pricing the game @ $6.99, which is $6.00 more than it is worth. Anyone who has played the PS3 version already knows that Nobi Nobi Boy delivers exactly 1.5 hours worth of entertainment before becoming ridiculously boring.

I will admit however, that I still find stretching out to feed girl all of my inches hillarious in an adolescent way.

twitter @ here
teh myspace @ &here
03-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0mah View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Apple rejects this game due to the fact that Boy essentially shits on demand.

Whatever though.

Bandai-Namco will shoot themselves in the face again by pricing the game @ $6.99, which is $6.00 more than it is worth. Anyone who has played the PS3 version already knows that Nobi Nobi Boy delivers exactly 1.5 hours worth of entertainment before becoming ridiculously boring.

I will admit however, that I still find stretching out to feed girl all of my inches hillarious in an adolescent way.
If the original is $5 on PSN, there's no way I see this port being more than that. I'd think it'd be free as a way of getting people interested in it, and then possibly purchasing it for their PS3.

No DPad - iPhone and iPod Touch gaming. Who says gamers need a dpad?