★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: AbbleDabble BEST WORD GAME 1.5 MAJOR UPDATE!

01-18-2011, 02:33 PM
AbbleDabble BEST WORD GAME 1.5 MAJOR UPDATE!

We are proud to announce that the 1.5 update is now live on the itunes App Store!

This update removes the ads and most of all ADDS A BOOT FEATURE!

Many people complain that Words With Friends lacks the ability to boot players who have been inactive for some time.

Well now's the time to switch to ABBLE DABBLE! with amazing new gameplay, super fast servers, rock solid functionailty, leaderboards, in-game chat, REAL TIME spell checking, why wouldn't you make the switch!

Get it here!

iPhone
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/abbledabble/id409489109?mt=8

iPad
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/abble-dabble-hd/id412038289?mt=8

Last edited by swuth; 01-18-2011 at 02:39 PM. Reason: added iPad link changed title
01-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Codes are available in the code section of the forums. They're going fast!

01-19-2011, 03:23 AM
Freezes constantly, crashes too. Ad's still present in help section. Rubbish!
01-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewomble88 View Post
Freezes constantly, crashes too. Ad's still present in help section. Rubbish!
I haven't had any crashes at all; I've been playing a single-player game and a game with my mother-in-law. The ads are still present in at least one screen, but I haven't seen any in the main gameplay areas, so I'm not really unhappy about it.

I will be raising my 3 star review to a 4 at this point as there are still two things I want addressed:
  • sharper iPod/iPhone graphics (i.e., retina)
  • more accurate tile placement, mine often go to a nearby, but completely wrong location

I also have one wishlist item, which will not effect my overall rating. I would like to see local wifi multiplayer added for quicker games with friends/family.

At this point AbbleDabble is on track to destroy WwF, unless they actually update and start caring a little more too.
01-21-2011, 12:00 AM
Yay boot feature! This game keeps getting better and better!
01-28-2011, 05:32 AM
uhm. Could the dev make AbbleDabble play nice with iTunes? Currently it stops the music...

And I've had friends complaining about the aesthetics although I think they are fine. Perhaps another font...?

Other than that, great game as i've mentioned on my store review

Puzzling has Evolved - Get 180
01-30-2011, 08:51 AM
How on earth do you boot players that haven't taken their turn for over a week??
01-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Another feature that I would really like to see added is the ability to play without being connected to the internet. It would require some code restructure, but there really isn't any reason that single player or pass-n-play games couldn't be played without the connection. Also, even playing the online ones offline shouldn't be that hard as long as a turn is queued up to go out as soon as a connection is available.

I would still really like to see sharper graphics and better tile placement.

It would also be great to be able to see the definitions of words and not just if they are valid, as I would actually like to know what some of them mean. My mother-in-law, who is on the leader boards, thinks the dictionary could use a little improvement as well.

I got my first Jackpot yesterday and won a game! Really great game overall, I hope that it enters the top 200 soon!