★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Starflight / Escape Velocity crossbreed

01-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Starflight / Escape Velocity crossbreed

I would love to see Robosport on ipad, or Warlords II on iPad... But the one thing that keep me awake at night is a full space trading / exploration game on iPad, cross breed between Starflight () and Escape Velocity for those of you enjoy those golden years...

I personnaly could invest 10 000$ in a project like that, maybe if we do a fundraising we could have a built to order game...

Anyone got similar dream and features they would love to see?

I take the time to say that those slepless night became worst since I donwloaded Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space to my iPad. Had a lot of fun with it...

Regards,
ps: Sorry for my english..
01-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Both Robosport and EV would be awesome, especially if Ambrosia made an EV that allowed new scenarios to be uploaded and installed as easily as EV Nova did, with a plugins folder.

sigh...

Did you try emailing AmbrosiaSW to see if they have interest in such a project? They are good at responding to emails and twitter.

Robosport was published by Maxis, no idea who owns the rights now. It's probably a bit archaic for most developers to have much interest in, but it was a cool turn-based strategy game, fo' sho'

Gamecenter/open feint/crystal name: jmelrose
Feel free to add me! :-)
01-18-2011, 07:51 PM
He he

I just found the following post: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=8412

=)

I did research last year on the topic and manage to track down the IP for this game. It was own by a programmer following Maxis closure and not much was dont with it. I not sure if he realise that he still have fans talking about him!

I did an hypercard map editor back then, I had a lot of success in FirstClass BBS because of that.

For Ambrosia, you are absolutlely right, i should drop them an email and see if the idea of a potential investor would trigger an interest from them.

There are so many IP that would be incredibly fun on iPad, it's a shame that so many game lack depth.
01-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Done

Just dropped an email to M. Welch (president of Ambrosia SW). Who knows, he may join the conversation.

That would be great to have his view on future AmbrosiaSW iPad title we may expect.

Fired away any question you have! Worst case, I will wire them to the zookeeper.
01-19-2011, 03:48 AM
tell the guys at ambrosia to hurry up with the patch for weird worlds so i can play it on my 3.2 ipad. I've been waiting over a week.

if the requirements listed in itunes is 3.2, then the game should work on 3.2
01-19-2011, 08:34 PM
AmbrosiaSW, we love you

"tell the guys at ambrosia to hurry up with the patch for weird worlds so i can play it on my 3.2 ipad. I've been waiting over a week."

Sure, I could. But as the game is developped by their competitor Astraware, they may not be able to do much about it...

I personally would love to know if Escape Velocity franchise was profitable. (That's the basic if we wish to see a future to it) and what kind of funding they would need to have for a second generation of Escape Velocity title.

Or, even better, just having the confirmation that the game is still alive and they plan for future Escape Velocity release on iPad!