★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *********** PROMOTION: $0.99 before Feb 20th (normal price at $2.99).

Our colony planet is in danger! Use 20+ weapons and items to fight against waves and waves of alien attack.

Youve never seen so many bug-like aliens on your iPad. They flood your iPad screen and your own planet. What you are requested to do is simple: fight back and destroy them all!

Features:
Point Tap: Shoot
Draw-A-Track: Strafe
Corner Button: Synthesize items on-the-go
Research & Purchase: Upgrade your weapon
Cannon: Your huge help with area-damage
Repair Kit: Recover your health
X-Pulse: Freeze all aliens on screen
Crystal Nuke: Killem all
More weapons and bullets for your choice in the game!

!WARNING!
Do NOT play this game within 1 hours before bed!
It causes light feverish feeling from your boosted heart beat and blood flow.
Continuous play will cause pain on your finger and your iPad (even it cant tell you that).

**** Game Story *****************************************************************
You play John, a retired captain from Thunder Army. You own a farm on a desert planet, Home Oasis (Planet No. OGLF-2150-BLC-390Lb). You live a not wealthy but peaceful life.
But one day, the aliens come.

They are unstoppable. Planet guardian troops are of no defense against these flooding bugs. Your planet has been abandoned by the colony government, and without a warning

Now you stand up, on your own, with your fellow peoples hope of life on your guns!
Fight those bugs and make this your own epic!

GAME VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEo5VRjfNnE

Artfoundry's comments:

I like the look of this game - kinda makes me wish I had an ipad. Can't find any videos of it though, which are really needed since the description doesn't really indicate what type of game it is. Seems like it might be a castle defense type, but not sure.
01-18-2011, 06:35 PM
I had a look at this earlier not sure what to make of it though without a vid

01-19-2011, 12:09 PM
A video would surely help the decision. Looks good. Just need to know what gameplay is like.
01-19-2011, 12:12 PM
I agree. It could be anything ... my guess is that we have a tower in the centre and need to shoot at whatever moves ....

-----
On GC I am FPEX
01-20-2011, 05:23 AM
The one review of this I have read so far says this is a really good game but crashes frequently
01-20-2011, 05:47 AM
Ok, any volunteer??

UPDATE: ok .... I am going to risk a dollar. Let's find out what this is.

-----
On GC I am FPEX

Last edited by FPE; 01-20-2011 at 05:50 AM.
01-20-2011, 06:48 AM
Disclaimer .... I played only two levels during my lunch break.

The game is what I expected it to be. In each screen or scenario, we sit in a specific position and kill all aliens that come at us. The scenarios are linked with a story ... a cheesy one, but seems decently cheesy so far.
Killing is done by tapping and we have a variety of weapons, bullets, upgradable shields, etc. Of course we are limited in what we equip and each upgrade or item requires some (game) money (or experience points) and they get unlocked only when we pass a certain level.

There are 16 levels ... the first two are easy ... but I have to admit level 2 was slighter less easy than I expected.

Graphics is nice ... but here and there text is small (still readable on a ipad).
Sound gets repetitive very fast (I mean the music).

I did not experience any crash.

Now back to work, I will play some more later.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
01-20-2011, 01:14 PM
so it's kinda like Tesla Wars?
01-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceman360 View Post
so it's kinda like Tesla Wars?
I had to look it up .... you can say it is tesla wars with a decent story and more variety in enemies and scenarios. So far I did not regret buying it .... my main complain would be that it has only 16 levels and no survival mode.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
01-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Video for Home Defender

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEo5VRjfNnE

We just uploaded the video to youtube. Please check this out