★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *NOW FREE for a LIMITED TIME!*
PROTECT your CASTLES and CONQUER the ENEMY!
STRATEGIZE and RULE the LAND!

barbarians are invading ancient rome!

at every turn, the romans suffer brutal defeat.

now, they rally their troops to make a stand

super HUGE MAPS
rousing STORY
ultra STICKY GAMEPLAY
beautiful ARTISTRY

30 exciting LEVELS
3 main BASES
4 special ATTACKS
11 areas for UPGRADES
GAME CENTER ACHIEVEMENTS

http://twitter.com/TRINITIgames
http://facebook.com/TRINITIgames
01-19-2011, 01:06 AM
Looks like another Galcon type game, but with direct attack spells.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams

01-19-2011, 01:11 PM
I like Galcon type games, anyone played this? care to share more information?
01-20-2011, 03:29 PM
There's a lite version now. It's very similar to galcon and fort frenzy. There's an extensive campaign (tho no story that I can tell), about 12 upgrades each with 5 levels, and spells u can use (as can the AI). There are also different types of buildings to capture, like towers that have defenses and crystal patches that enhance ur units and spells I think.

One thing I noticed I'm not sure I like is that some buildings have unit limits, so if u send more than the building can hold and u own/capture the building, ur unit count there will quickly decrease till it's at the limit. But since u can't control what percentage of units u send (it always seems to send 50%), u can easily end up losing units - only solution I see is to quickly send some out so they don't get deleted.

One other thing - the charge time for spells doesn't seem even. The fireball takes maybe 30 secs while the other three take like a minute - weird.

Otherwise, if u like galcon type games I think you'll like this.

www.artfoundry.com
01-20-2011, 04:24 PM
menu in this game is horrible, so is game types, ie none. graphics bleh story, is there even one? so, i would absolutely not recommend this game at all. hills and rivers remain is 1000x better if you are into this type of genre
01-20-2011, 04:26 PM
It's Trinity's watered-down clone of Galcon, eh?

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
01-25-2011, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamphetamine View Post
menu in this game is horrible, so is game types, ie none. graphics bleh story, is there even one? so, i would absolutely not recommend this game at all. hills and rivers remain is 1000x better if you are into this type of genre
?? Menus are fine - why do you say they're horrible? Granted, there's only one game type and no story, but Galcon doesn't have a story either (though it does have multiple game types). But then, Galcon is also 3x the price. And this game has spells as well different types of locations to capture. I think this game is fine for the price. Hills and Rivers was ok - I wouldn't say it was a lot better (but not worse either). It's a lot more structured, whereas this game has the freedom of movement that Galcon has.

www.artfoundry.com
01-26-2011, 12:38 AM
It's less like Galcon (based on the trailer), but much more like Mushroom Wars on the PlayStation Network, which was a great game. This is very similar art-wise.
01-26-2011, 04:38 AM
Crappy rip-off of Civilization Wars. Buy that instead.