★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Now with native iPad support using a universal binary!

Shrouded Aspect is the first installment in The Pantheon Cycle series. This single-player turn-based strategy game is set in a fantasy realm of ancient Celtic lore.

Focusing on combat instead of role-playing, action is always just a few touches away. Combat takes place on battlefields with hex-based movement. Over 200 skills can be learned through experience, as well as new equipment obtained throughout the campaign.

Harness the power of six different world energies to help your characters fight the evil plague that infests the land...Earth, Nature, Fire, Water, Life, and Death. Or you can do it the old-fashioned way with muscle and steel.

The story-driven campaign provides over 30 hours of gameplay, covering 32 scenarios with branching paths, allowing for replayability even in the single-player campaign.

For more information, gameplay video and screenshots, visit www.gilligames.com/sa

iPad, iPod Touch 3rd gen, or iPhone 3GS or newer is recommended for performance reasons.

If you are experiencing crashes in the Sheeh Hives or anywhere, please contact me. I'd like to fix any issues but I need to know about them ASAP.

freedog's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
01-19-2011, 04:47 AM
Might have interesting but at this price, surely not for a non universal game.

-----
On GC I am FPEX

01-19-2011, 04:48 AM
The TBS sucker is here!

Intro price @ 4.99?
Needs a Vid

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
01-19-2011, 05:08 AM
I TOFFTed... Been in a TOFFTing mood lately.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
01-19-2011, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
The TBS sucker is here!

Intro price @ 4.99?
Needs a Vid

Ha! You're not a TBS sucker. Suckers don't hestitate pressing the Buy-button, regardless of the price.

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
01-19-2011, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I TOFFTed... Been in a TOFFTing mood lately.
And????

-----
On GC I am FPEX
01-19-2011, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
And????

Hey - you're way too impatient - I just saw the title screen!

Give me more than 7 minutes!

But one reason for me to TOFFT was the fact, that "stranded without a phone", a good indie title, was also made by these devs.

Last edited by Vovin; 01-19-2011 at 05:18 AM.
01-19-2011, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Hey - you're way too impatient - I just saw the title screen!

Give me more than 7 minutes!

But one reason for me to TOFFT was the fact, that "stranded without a phone", a good indie title, was also made by these devs.
MY issue is ... if it were a universal I would be risking, because I only have an ipad

PS: 2 mins to go

-----
On GC I am FPEX
01-19-2011, 06:09 AM
O.k., from what I saw 'til now (just went through the excellent tutorial):

This game has a lot of strategic depth... it is a turn-based strategy game on hexes with major RPG elements. The very interesting story is told in nice pictures and with a really great voiceover. All the voices throughout the game seem to be professional, even in combat. Everything is being far from generic... you really feel that the devs had their fun creating this. The clear and crisp graphics fits perfecly, as well as the crystal clear soundtrack and the sound effects. There is animated water, smoking chimneys, nice background sound fx and the hex fields are designed well - the game doesn't feel static (for a turn-based game), it feels alive.

The setting and the story are very interesting, as I mentioned above. Everything is held together by the thoughtful and good controls... it is absolutely easy to navigate everything, you'll learn it within minutes at the tutorial. You can also train all your units and each unit has its own personality, its own name, skills and abilities. You can equip armor, weapons and shields and everything you tap will be explained everytime you want.
You play this via action points and energy. There are different elements of energy for different actions. A mini map is also included.
The game comes with 4 save slots.

The game runs smoothly on my 3GS with almost no loading times - and you can save anytime and anywhere.
This game also must have far over 30 hours of gameplay, with the big load of content in it. You can even spped up or slow down the game and animations in the options menu.

I really like the art and the gameplay, this is a title well worth 5 bucks for all you tbs strategy fans - but that didn't mean that other people should avoid the game. Have a look and try it out, you might be surprised.
If the story and game keeps being interesting, I'll spend a lot of time with this game.

Btw., be sure to restart your device after downloading this game, it has a big impact on your memory, with all these features and stuff.

Vovinscore:

Graphics: 8.0 / 10 - (only the big yellow fields with text in the tutorial are a bit out of place)
Sound: 9.5 / 10 - great voice-overs, good music and good sound effects
Gameplay: 9.0 / 10 - smooth, easy to learn and with a good learning curve and later challenging, good controls, a mass of options...
Content: 9.5 / 10 - there is everything in this game that you tbs fans need
Story: 9.0 / 10 - the devs did well to dig deep into the celtic lore
Pricing: 8.5 / 10 - 5 bucks for this is a very reasonable price

Total: 53.5 / 60 points: very good.

01-19-2011, 06:12 AM
Thanks Vovin!
Now .... if they would only tell us if they will ever doan pad version I couldmake up my mind. I am going to drop them an email.

-----
On GC I am FPEX