Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 10-05-2014, 02:20 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Windows 8.1 vs my iphone 6+, help please!

I own two laptops. The smaller one is a jh something or another from asus with win8.1 installed. I plug in my iphone 6+ via usb and she tethers instantly just fine.

My larger laptop is an asus 750, also win8.1 I plug my 6+ into this laptop and tethering does not engage. On the network popup menu my phone is available via wifi but not for tethering. Also noticed, when the phone is usb connected,its not listed under devices in the file manager. This laptop tethered just fine with my iphone 5.

-scratches head-

Anyone know whats going on here?
Old 10-05-2014, 05:24 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Have you checked iTunes is the latest version
it would need to be the latest version so it installs drivers that recognise the iPhone 6
Old 10-14-2014, 07:45 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeles View Post
I own two laptops. The smaller one is a jh something or another from asus with win8.1 installed. I plug in my iphone 6+ via usb and she tethers instantly just fine.

My larger laptop is an asus 750, also win8.1 I plug my 6+ into this laptop and tethering does not engage. On the network popup menu my phone is available via wifi but not for tethering. Also noticed, when the phone is usb connected,its not listed under devices in the file manager. This laptop tethered just fine with my iphone 5.

-scratches head-

Anyone know whats going on here?
It might be your iPhone or your laptop. My 5C also fails to be detected by my new Dell Windows 8.1 laptop even though it can share its internet wirelessly with my other devices.