Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 06-25-2012, 10:03 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygamr View Post
The larger display does have a larger sweet spot (or viewing angle), but at the cost of pixel density. The PPI of the XL model is almost the same as the PPI of the original DSi- which isn't bad, but the Vita has more than twice the PPI of the XL model.
Alas, the Vita has few games I'm interested in, costs more, has expensive, proprietary memory cards and doesn't even come with one for $250, so it's pretty moot. Of course right now I can't afford either, so it's really moot. LOL.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:59 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Reviews for Heroes of Ruin are already coming out on the major gaming sites. Looks like it's a pretty incompetent dungeon crawler with a short campaign, meh. Guess I'll stick with Diablo III. It won't even be out in NA for another 4 weeks. Oh well, hopefully KH3D: DDD turns out better. Over a month before that one drops in NA though. New Super Mario Bros. 2 comes out 3 weeks after that.

Edit: Only 3DS title I've grabbed so far this year is KI: U. It's really slowed down.

Last edited by backtothis; 06-25-2012 at 04:04 PM..
Old 06-26-2012, 12:10 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Reviews for Heroes of Ruin are already coming out on the major gaming sites. Looks like it's a pretty incompetent dungeon crawler with a short campaign, meh. Guess I'll stick with Diablo III. It won't even be out in NA for another 4 weeks. Oh well, hopefully KH3D: DDD turns out better. Over a month before that one drops in NA though. New Super Mario Bros. 2 comes out 3 weeks after that.

Edit: Only 3DS title I've grabbed so far this year is KI: U. It's really slowed down.
I warned people this was coming. 3-plus months in-between KI: U and another decent 3DS release.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:55 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

It was revealed in the latest issue of Famitsu that Nintendo is going to release a Circle Pad Pro for the 3DS XL later this year. It was also revealed that the XL will have its own cradle as well.

I find it kind of funny that Nintendo is making the add on and didn't just integrate it into the system.

As for the people who think it would fragment 3DS gamers and make some games 3DS Pro (or whatever) exclusive, there are many ways they could combat that. Currently, games that use the Circle Pad Pro have options for both single and dual analog layouts. All they would have to do is continue to make multiple layouts to accommodate both groups of 3DS owners.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:44 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygamr View Post
It was revealed in the latest issue of Famitsu that Nintendo is going to release a Circle Pad Pro for the 3DS XL later this year.
That, for me, is the problem. I have a 3DS with the Circle Pad Pro and whilst it's surprisingly comfortable, there's no denying that it adds a fair amount of bulk to a 'portable' system.

The 3DSXL is already bigger than the original 3DS as it is... adding a larger Circle Pad Pro would surely make it more of a 3DSXXL? I really can't believe Nintendo didn't just integrate the second analogue stick. Still, they're probably saving it for the 3DSXL Duo this time next year.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:17 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.D! View Post
That, for me, is the problem. I have a 3DS with the Circle Pad Pro and whilst it's surprisingly comfortable, there's no denying that it adds a fair amount of bulk to a 'portable' system.

The 3DSXL is already bigger than the original 3DS as it is... adding a larger Circle Pad Pro would surely make it more of a 3DSXXL? I really can't believe Nintendo didn't just integrate the second analogue stick. Still, they're probably saving it for the 3DSXL Duo this time next year.
It doesn't have to be as big as the original was. There is a space where the second circle pad can slide under the face buttons, instead of being strapped onto the side like the original Circle Pad Pro. Plus, the insides of the original Circle Pad Pro were surprisingly empty- just a tiny board, a few wires, an IR transmitter, a few buttons, and a circle pad. Of course, that would make too much sense knowing Nintendo.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:34 PM

Just got Theatrhythm Final Fantasy yesterday. After playing it for a couple days, it does seem like a pretty good rhythm game. The RPG elements feel a little like they were just added in at the end, but the skills have saved me from failing multiple times. It comes with I believe 3 of each type of track for each of the main titles, not including X-2, XIII-2, and XIV, plus a number of special "dark note" track sets that can be completed to unlock more dark notes or characters. It does have DLC, but the box-content seems it will be able to hold me for a pretty good while. It was released with 8 DLC tracks, and apparently more will be released soon.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:08 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Something impossible happened! I actually stopped playing my 3DS for a few months, and played my Vita for almost a month straight.

But now I bought Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, so crisis averted

Game is awesome. *knocks on wood* Hope I don't get tired of it any time soon.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Something impossible happened! I actually stopped playing my 3DS for a few months, and played my Vita for almost a month straight.

But now I bought Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, so crisis averted

Game is awesome. *knocks on wood* Hope I don't get tired of it any time soon.
Haha, well they will release more DLC in the coming weeks. I love the game even just being able to hear the beautiful FF music.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:48 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

So far only have mario kart. Played 3 times havnt touched since. Waiting for the jrpgs to start rolling in. Going to get kh:3d and the ff music game for sure