Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 08-21-2012, 09:01 PM

Just thought it would be worthwhile to say that Nintendo has not renewed its contract with the publisher that publishes Nintendo Power, and thus it has been canceled. This is one sad day, at least for me.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/21/ni...ming-to-an-end
Old 08-24-2012, 09:02 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Picked up a 3DS XL yesterday (in exchange for my old one at GameStop), and I really like it. I think the design looks better than that of the original 3DS, and the big screen looks really nice with most games- Resident Evil: Revelations, Kingdom Hearts: 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time especially. Putting games in 2D mode looks better to me for some reason- I think it's because with the smaller screen, having it 2D made it look even smaller (I still mainly play in 3D). I also think the screen is a little bit more colorful than the older screen. It definitely has a slightly different hue- has a more warm look than a cold look. The 3D also seems to have more depth to it- the 3D itself hasn't changed though, it's just due to the larger screen.

It's also much more comfortable to hold. The original 3DS cramped my hands, the pointy corners would start to hurt my palms, and my fingers on the shoulder buttons would sometimes touch. Those issues are gone for me.

My only issues so far are that it sounds a lot quieter than the original 3DS (but the sound quality sounds a lot better and less tinny- so I'm okay with it), and that I have one stuck pixel (it's only when the screen shows really dark colors though). I might exchange it if it weren't for the stupid transfer system. I guess could send it into Nintendo- but I'm hoping it gets better by itself (has in the past for me).
Old 08-24-2012, 09:17 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygamr View Post
Picked up a 3DS XL yesterday (in exchange for my old one at GameStop), and I really like it. I think the design looks better than that of the original 3DS, and the big screen looks really nice with most games- Resident Evil: Revelations, Kingdom Hearts: 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time especially. Putting games in 2D mode looks better to me for some reason- I think it's because with the smaller screen, having it 2D made it look even smaller (I still mainly play in 3D). I also think the screen is a little bit more colorful than the older screen. It definitely has a slightly different hue- has a more warm look than a cold look. The 3D also seems to have more depth to it- the 3D itself hasn't changed though, it's just due to the larger screen.

It's also much more comfortable to hold. The original 3DS cramped my hands, the pointy corners would start to hurt my palms, and my fingers on the shoulder buttons would sometimes touch. Those issues are gone for me.

My only issues so far are that it sounds a lot quieter than the original 3DS (but the sound quality sounds a lot better and less tinny- so I'm okay with it), and that I have one stuck pixel (it's only when the screen shows really dark colors though). I might exchange it if it weren't for the stupid transfer system. I guess could send it into Nintendo- but I'm hoping it gets better by itself (has in the past for me).
I agree. I was praying for a system with no dead pixels and was lucky enough to get one. The transfer system is a huge pain. I'm sure if you wait a week then explain your situation with the people who you bought it from at gamestop they would be happy to exchange it for you.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:44 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm so hoping they unveil TWEWY 2 for the 3DS
Old 08-26-2012, 11:23 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
I'm so hoping they unveil TWEWY 2 for the 3DS
Looks like that's not happening anytime soon.

What is up with Square Enix lately? Fans want a TWEWY sequel, and SE responds by making an iOS port. Fans dislike the FFXIII games, and SE responds by hinting at a new FFXIII project. Fans want to see more of FF Versus XIII, and SE responds by merely saying it's not canceled.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:00 PM
iPad mini 2

Just bought the xl two days ago. Awesome system and the screen is bigger than the dsi xl.

Also, GameStop has kingdom hearts 3ds for $29.99 and just bought that
Old 08-30-2012, 07:16 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
Looks like that's not happening anytime soon.

What is up with Square Enix lately? Fans want a TWEWY sequel, and SE responds by making an iOS port. Fans dislike the FFXIII games, and SE responds by hinting at a new FFXIII project. Fans want to see more of FF Versus XIII, and SE responds by merely saying it's not canceled.
The director of Versus recently said that it's "unbelievably amazing" when he was asked about it the other day. Basically- Trololol
Old 08-31-2012, 05:35 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

After seeing that secret ending picture in TWEWY Solo Remix, I have hope in a sequel again.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:51 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I found a way to fix a "stuck" pixel.

Press on the screen where the pixel is at until the discoloration appears, as soon the weird black blotch appears release.

It should be gone.

Worked for me.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:19 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Pokemon Black and White 2 will finally be coming out this week in the US..

October 7th!