★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

08-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,675
Just thought it would be worthwhile to say that Nintendo has not renewed its contract with the publisher that publishes Nintendo Power, and thus it has been canceled. This is one sad day, at least for me.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/21/ni...ming-to-an-end
08-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 748
Picked up a 3DS XL yesterday (in exchange for my old one at GameStop), and I really like it. I think the design looks better than that of the original 3DS, and the big screen looks really nice with most games- Resident Evil: Revelations, Kingdom Hearts: 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time especially. Putting games in 2D mode looks better to me for some reason- I think it's because with the smaller screen, having it 2D made it look even smaller (I still mainly play in 3D). I also think the screen is a little bit more colorful than the older screen. It definitely has a slightly different hue- has a more warm look than a cold look. The 3D also seems to have more depth to it- the 3D itself hasn't changed though, it's just due to the larger screen.

It's also much more comfortable to hold. The original 3DS cramped my hands, the pointy corners would start to hurt my palms, and my fingers on the shoulder buttons would sometimes touch. Those issues are gone for me.

My only issues so far are that it sounds a lot quieter than the original 3DS (but the sound quality sounds a lot better and less tinny- so I'm okay with it), and that I have one stuck pixel (it's only when the screen shows really dark colors though). I might exchange it if it weren't for the stupid transfer system. I guess could send it into Nintendo- but I'm hoping it gets better by itself (has in the past for me).

08-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygamr View Post
Picked up a 3DS XL yesterday (in exchange for my old one at GameStop), and I really like it. I think the design looks better than that of the original 3DS, and the big screen looks really nice with most games- Resident Evil: Revelations, Kingdom Hearts: 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time especially. Putting games in 2D mode looks better to me for some reason- I think it's because with the smaller screen, having it 2D made it look even smaller (I still mainly play in 3D). I also think the screen is a little bit more colorful than the older screen. It definitely has a slightly different hue- has a more warm look than a cold look. The 3D also seems to have more depth to it- the 3D itself hasn't changed though, it's just due to the larger screen.

It's also much more comfortable to hold. The original 3DS cramped my hands, the pointy corners would start to hurt my palms, and my fingers on the shoulder buttons would sometimes touch. Those issues are gone for me.

My only issues so far are that it sounds a lot quieter than the original 3DS (but the sound quality sounds a lot better and less tinny- so I'm okay with it), and that I have one stuck pixel (it's only when the screen shows really dark colors though). I might exchange it if it weren't for the stupid transfer system. I guess could send it into Nintendo- but I'm hoping it gets better by itself (has in the past for me).
I agree. I was praying for a system with no dead pixels and was lucky enough to get one. The transfer system is a huge pain. I'm sure if you wait a week then explain your situation with the people who you bought it from at gamestop they would be happy to exchange it for you.

Add Me on Gamecenter/Steam: Fireball926
08-24-2012, 11:44 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,819
I'm so hoping they unveil TWEWY 2 for the 3DS

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.
08-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Joined: May 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
I'm so hoping they unveil TWEWY 2 for the 3DS
Looks like that's not happening anytime soon.

What is up with Square Enix lately? Fans want a TWEWY sequel, and SE responds by making an iOS port. Fans dislike the FFXIII games, and SE responds by hinting at a new FFXIII project. Fans want to see more of FF Versus XIII, and SE responds by merely saying it's not canceled.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
08-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,571
Just bought the xl two days ago. Awesome system and the screen is bigger than the dsi xl.

Also, GameStop has kingdom hearts 3ds for $29.99 and just bought that

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.
08-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
Looks like that's not happening anytime soon.

What is up with Square Enix lately? Fans want a TWEWY sequel, and SE responds by making an iOS port. Fans dislike the FFXIII games, and SE responds by hinting at a new FFXIII project. Fans want to see more of FF Versus XIII, and SE responds by merely saying it's not canceled.
The director of Versus recently said that it's "unbelievably amazing" when he was asked about it the other day. Basically- Trololol
08-31-2012, 05:35 PM
Joined: May 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,744
After seeing that secret ending picture in TWEWY Solo Remix, I have hope in a sequel again.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
09-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: lol
Posts: 2,709
I found a way to fix a "stuck" pixel.

Press on the screen where the pixel is at until the discoloration appears, as soon the weird black blotch appears release.

It should be gone.

Worked for me.
10-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,324
Pokemon Black and White 2 will finally be coming out this week in the US..

October 7th!

Twitter: @back2this