Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 04-13-2011, 05:07 PM

Paper Mario is cool and all that (Thousand Year Door is also one of my favorite games of all time), but this is the real deal:

Considering that Zelda and Star Fox are out in the Summer, there are some chances that this will be the big Holiday title. Man, how awesome would that be.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Which makes the 3DS launch game lineup all the more confusing.

Do you not remember the original DS's launch lineup?...

U.S. launch: November 21, 2004

Just as bad as the 3DS if not worse!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:24 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Which makes the 3DS launch game lineup all the more confusing.
Most launches are. The PsP launch games are even more horible, Ridge Racer being the best, the ds launch is nothing to brag about too but it went on to became one of the best selling system of all time. It's amazing how easy people forget.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:47 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I just went to my local Target and tried out the 3DS with Pilotwings on it. HOLY SHIT. I must buy one!! Not only was Pilotwings fun but the 3D and impressive graphics just blew me away I can only imagine Street Fighter and Metal Gear on this thing....
Old 04-13-2011, 08:56 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
Do you not remember the original DS's launch lineup?...

U.S. launch: November 21, 2004

Just as bad as the 3DS if not worse!
How I thought it was good! I remember getting my ds for christmas and playing all the mario games to death!!
Old 04-17-2011, 01:50 AM

Anybody considering buying a 3DS at this point may want to read this.

So yeah, my brand new 3DS is out of commission (I had to give up after getting the black screen of death three times in a row on the same Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars mission -- talk about frustrating). Nintendo has confirmed that it's a hardware issue (after blaming 3rd party software for a few days), so I'll be shipping it to Nintendo on Monday and hopefully getting it back in about a week.

Considering the quality of the launch software, it may be worth holding off a purchase till the problem has been weeded out of the hardware manufacturing process -- maybe by the time Ocarina of Time arrives.

Last edited by squarezero; 04-17-2011 at 01:52 AM..
Old 04-17-2011, 03:29 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I've had my 3ds for about three weeks now and I have never had the black screen. Guess I got lucky, but a lot of people are saying that only Ubisoft games are affected since they're badly programmed. Don't know if that's true or not though.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watabou View Post
I've had my 3ds for about three weeks now and I have never had the black screen. Guess I got lucky, but a lot of people are saying that only Ubisoft games are affected since they're badly programmed. Don't know if that's true or not though.
Not true. As I said, Nintendo has admitted that it's a hardware issue. And just a quick web search will find plenty of other people who are facing the same problem with even the software that's included with the 3DS.

And BTW, I've had the 3DS since launch and it just started happening a few days ago. Unless you are psychologically invested in the idea that Nintendo can do no wrong, this is obviously a cause for concern.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:31 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Anybody considering buying a 3DS at this point may want to read this.

So yeah, my brand new 3DS is out of commission (I had to give up after getting the black screen of death three times in a row on the same Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars mission -- talk about frustrating). Nintendo has confirmed that it's a hardware issue (after blaming 3rd party software for a few days), so I'll be shipping it to Nintendo on Monday and hopefully getting it back in about a week.

Considering the quality of the launch software, it may be worth holding off a purchase till the problem has been weeded out of the hardware manufacturing process -- maybe by the time Ocarina of Time arrives.
You relize they're releasing a update to fix that right? Also 3 times on the SAME ghost recon mission..? Coincidence or Game problem!

Also my dad went to china on buisness and got me this AWESOME case from this gamestore that they don't sell in the US! Its really nice!
Old 04-17-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball926 View Post
You relize they're releasing a update to fix that right? Also 3 times on the SAME ghost recon mission..? Coincidence or Game problem!

Also my dad went to china on buisness and got me this AWESOME case from this gamestore that they don't sell in the US! Its really nice!
If they are releasing an update, why did Nintendo:

1) confirm to me that it's a hardware issue in writing, and

2) asked me to send the unit back to them for repair at their expense?

This is not a debatable issue, unless you want to argue that I'm lying here. In any event, if the problem were specific to Ghost Recon, it would have cropped in the reviews. And as I mentioned above, people have encountered while using Nintendo-made software.

Of course, if you'd rather believe that this could not possibly be Nintendo's fault, please ignore my post.