★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Splat... Update 1.01 is out!

03-27-2009, 04:10 AM
Splat... Update 1.01 is out!

http://appshopper.com/games/splat-3

Add me: GameCenter: Crypton72
Agon|CloudCell|GameloftLive!|OpenFeint|Plus+: Crypton
Proud Member of Touch Arcaders Against Piracy!
Follow me on Twitter!
03-27-2009, 08:14 AM
A good game gets a LOT better!

This is actually two updates in one. The initial release of this game was certainly a neat idea but it had some rough edges (high scoreboard not displaying stuff quite right, the ability to resume an earlier saved game was a bit off, and some other little annoyance). He immediately released a fix for these issues but right after sending it in he added some more polish for yet a further update (v1.1). The initial update was sent back to him for some technicality, but this only meant he could then fix that issue and resubmit his v1.1 which turns this into the fully polished game that it is now.
03-27-2009, 09:12 AM
Played with the new update last night and LordGek's right, Splat is terrific. It's definitely a different type of shooter and it's a good pick-up-and-play game. New powerups--TimeWarp and Push--have me experimenting with those things, but the game is entertaining.
03-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Splat is more than just a cute name...

One of the game's coolest aspects went right over my head the first several times I played. The color splattering left behind when you kill baddies isn't just cute fluff but a key part of your end score. At the end of the game you'll get a bonus based on how COMPLETELY you've covered the field in splatterings.
03-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
One of the game's coolest aspects went right over my head the first several times I played. The color splattering left behind when you kill baddies isn't just cute fluff but a key part of your end score. At the end of the game you'll get a bonus based on how COMPLETELY you've covered the field in splatterings.
The color splattering is a unique part of the game, hence the name Splat. Visually, it's different every time you play, but it's a points generator integral to the game itself.
03-27-2009, 10:37 AM
hmmm looks interesting. I love arena shooters and I might pick this up. However, are you able to listen to your own music?