★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Unique Product Pages in App Store?

03-27-2009, 04:14 AM
Unique Product Pages in App Store?

Hi developers and publishers,

I am neither but have a curiosity about the App Store that I can not ignore. Why don't more applications and games in the App Store have unique backgrounds and logos (or themes) for their respective product pages? See Zen Bound and/or Gameloft for good examples.

Does Apple charge a premium for specialty backgrounds and logos or do many developers simply lack the time/graphic skills/effort to present their applications and games in a more attractive manner? Surely this type of aesthetic attention affects sales. Thank you.

Last edited by Christopher; 03-28-2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Capitalization correction
03-27-2009, 04:26 AM
I am pretty sure apple has to pick you to do that.

Vectorbox Games's "Dead Man's Dungeon" for iPhone and iPod Touch is Out Click Here!
03-27-2009, 06:35 AM
Send a message via AIM to DrummerB Send a message via MSN to DrummerB
Apple chooses which apps or companies they want to promote. The selected ones can create custom app and/or company site backgrounds.
03-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the responses. I am surprised by how much influence Apple exerts over promotional interests in the App Store. I assumed Apple limited their interests to the applications featured on the App Store home page- shows how much I know about the marketing business!

Last edited by Christopher; 03-28-2009 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Clarity