★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

are you an impulse shopper?Poll inside~~thx

View Poll Results: are you an impulse shopper?
YEAH, I AM AND I AM FEELING GREAT! 16 29.09%
NO...I always google a lot before i buy! 10 18.18%
well, it depends... 29 52.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll
01-20-2011, 12:56 AM
#1
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: HongKong
Posts: 345
are you an impulse shopper?Poll inside~~thx

hey guys,

just wondering if you guys are impulse shoppers like me.
for me, it only takes a few minutes before i buy an app. my decision is based on icon, trailer and perhaps reviews from some blogs. this habit makes my credit card always in the red

i attached a poll here. hope you could share with us your experience and stories~~

thx~
01-20-2011, 01:01 AM
#2
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Posts: 7,681
Who isn't an impulse shopper with all these GREAT GAMES coming out!?

01-20-2011, 01:02 AM
#3
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 539
I usually do a lot of research before purchasing, especially if it's an expensive app. I'm a little bit more relaxed for .99 cent apps, but I still like to watch some reviews on youtube or something before hitting that dreaded buy button. =P

Currently Loving: Threes! |Frontiers | Hoplite
Add me on GameCenter: Leo Gecko (with the space). Gladly accept new friends.
01-20-2011, 01:04 AM
#4
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: HongKong
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Who isn't an impulse shopper with all these GREAT GAMES coming out!?
you bet! iOS is really an amazing platform!
01-20-2011, 01:24 AM
#5
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1,278
It depends what, really. I dont have the money to just buy something whenever and whatever I feel like.

Waiting for: Forgotten Memories, M.U.S.E, The Shadow Sun, Galaxy On Fire 3, Daredevil Dave 2, JumpKnight: Missions, Topia: Age of Creation, Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Max Payne, 2013: Infected Wars, Battlefield 3: Aftershock.
01-20-2011, 02:07 AM
#6
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,251
Average of over 60$ a month for the past 2 years, 150$ spent in just December 2010. Go figure, hah.

My purchases on honestly based solely on notifications, posts, and articles from TA. Otherwise, I just scan the top 100 or top 200 if I'm on the computer and see if there are any interesting new games that I would like to try.
01-20-2011, 02:11 AM
#7
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1,278
Like Backtothis here.

Waiting for: Forgotten Memories, M.U.S.E, The Shadow Sun, Galaxy On Fire 3, Daredevil Dave 2, JumpKnight: Missions, Topia: Age of Creation, Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Max Payne, 2013: Infected Wars, Battlefield 3: Aftershock.
01-20-2011, 03:05 AM
#8
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: HongKong
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Average of over 60$ a month for the past 2 years, 150$ spent in just December 2010. Go figure, hah.

My purchases on honestly based solely on notifications, posts, and articles from TA. Otherwise, I just scan the top 100 or top 200 if I'm on the computer and see if there are any interesting new games that I would like to try.
almost the same with you, on the sum.
yeah, i care about the TOP list a lot too. BTW, it is weird to see some apps jump into top 50 overnight.
01-20-2011, 03:41 AM
#9
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapMad_D View Post
almost the same with you, on the sum.
yeah, i care about the TOP list a lot too. BTW, it is weird to see some apps jump into top 50 overnight.
hi5 man. Yeah, it happens. Hmm, Dungeon defenders jumped about 150 overnight due to the 0.99 sale xD. Now it's 4.99 and at a nice spot in the top 50. Burn the Rope did that a week or two ago..jumped 150 spots due to apple's feature..now it's up there at a higher spot than cut the rope. It probably benefited quite a lot from having such a similar name, allowing many people to believe the two are by the same devs. Anyways, I love the iOS and the appstore xD.
01-20-2011, 03:44 AM
#10
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: HongKong
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
hi5 man. Yeah, it happens. Hmm, Dungeon defenders jumped about 150 overnight due to the 0.99 sale xD. Now it's 4.99 and at a nice spot in the top 50. Burn the Rope did that a week or two ago..jumped 150 spots due to apple's feature..now it's up there at a higher spot than cut the rope. It probably benefited quite a lot from having such a similar name, allowing many people to believe the two are by the same devs. Anyways, I love the iOS and the appstore xD.
exactly!
if i see my game jump that big overnight in the future, i will take it and feel peace. haha!!