★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Tank-O-Box is coming to App Store

03-27-2009, 04:50 AM
Tank-O-Box is coming to App Store

{again} Good news everyone!

Tank-O-Box is "in review" state now.

I can tell a few words about this game if someone didn't play pc or mac version of it.

Tank-o-Box is an arcade combat game in which you operate a tank during intense battles that unfold on an imaginary writing desk between amusing children's sketches and office stationery.

Game features:
- Outstanding 3D graphics and sound effects
- 55 awe-inspiring game levels with addictive gameplay
- 30 types of terrain; four seasons; daylight, and night effects
- New tanks, rocket launchers and pillboxes

Check screenshots:

Interested?
03-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Sigh. Digital controls.

To quote the Wolfenstein gui:

Quote:
It was critical for the control sticks to be analog, since digital direction pads have proven quite ineffective on touch screens due to progressive lack of registration during play. With an analog stick, the player has continuous visual feedback of the stick position in most cases, so they can self correct.

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
03-27-2009, 07:09 AM
I'm interested. Ever since Micromachines on the Megadrive (Genesis) I've had a "thing" for tiny vehicles in games. I do agree though that virtual D-pads are nearly always an unacceptable compromise but who knows, it could work

Will there be multiplayer?
03-27-2009, 07:21 AM
I'll admit I'm interested, it looks nice. But the controls will make or break the game....
03-28-2009, 05:25 AM
03-28-2009, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varkman View Post
I'm interested. Ever since Micromachines on the Megadrive (Genesis) I've had a "thing" for tiny vehicles in games. I do agree though that virtual D-pads are nearly always an unacceptable compromise but who knows, it could work

Will there be multiplayer?
In current version there is no multiplayer...