★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Creatures & Castles V1.5.1 (Universal)

01-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Creatures & Castles V1.5.1 (Universal)

YouTube: video

(Just because it didn't get a thread in here. I actually took a lot of care to make the iPad version work well, so I'm putting it here too )
01-20-2011, 03:42 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
01-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Very cute game and well executed. I am going to spend sometime with it on my 15 hours flight in two days and do proper mop ini review. But first impression is that .... Apart from the use of shaking as undo ... This game is a little cute gem!

01-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Yeah, looks not bad!
01-31-2011, 09:59 AM
Game Impressions

This game caught my attention because I love any type of dungeon crawling or rogue-like adventure. This is a dungeon-themed puzzle game with a very slight Angry Birds feel. You have to get your hero or heroine to the treasure and through the exit in as few "footprints" as possible. The more efficiently you do this, the higher the rating (3 shields being the best).

As you progress, more obstacles are thrown at you - literally. There are knights that throw axes at you when they see you, and this results in a penalty. I incurred lots of penalties. :-)

The game is very easy to learn, and each new rule is doled out one puzzle at a time and explained very well. The graphics are good - simple and clean, the sound is very fitting, and I love that it is a Universal app. Great game. Easy to recommend!

XBox Gamertag, GC, OpenFeint, Plus+: tecwrtr
Senior Technical Writer - always happy to write reviews!