★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: MOUSE PANIC now 99 cents... (Was free this morning!)

03-27-2009, 08:31 AM
MOUSE PANIC now 99 cents... (Was free this morning!)

I haven't tried it myself, yet, but hey... it's free, so I thought I'd post a link...

The crazy game of rat and mouse!

Featuring greedy mice, evil rats and loads of smelly cheese.

Guide the hungry mice by laying down cheese trails that lead home.

Can you clear each of the 48 puzzle levels spread over several themed zones from the Flower Gardens, Creaky House, Store Room, Old Cellar, Magic Kitchen and finally to the Table Top.

As you progress through the levels you will face many new puzzles that include... Mouse transporters, Breakable Blocks, Base Swappers and Bonus Time Clocks.

Cheese can be inserted, rotated and cleared. When a mouse eats the cheese, the mouse will then change direction according to the direction the piece of cheese was pointing in.

When all mice are finally home you are able to play a new puzzle and unlock newer levels as you progress.

Beware of the 'Black Rats' who will attempt to slow your progress through some of the later puzzles however!

* Original puzzle gameplay.
* 48 increasingly harder puzzles.
* Unlockable levels.
* Continue and save game option.
* Easy to learn gameplay and controls.
* Colourful graphics throughout.
* Suitable for all ages.

Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox

Last edited by BrettArchibald; 03-27-2009 at 08:34 AM.
03-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Downloaded it since it's free. Looks good.

03-27-2009, 09:13 AM
Any first impressions?
03-27-2009, 09:17 AM

I am downloading this right away .. cheers
03-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Worth downloading.

It's a pathway puzzle game. You must direct the mice to a "home base" cheese piece by placing directional cheese pieces (cheese in the shape of arrows which you can rotate to, the mouse eats the cheese arrow and then moves in that direction). There are things like obsticals to get around and avoid.

Puzzles are timed, so there's the 'panic' as you're trying to touch the cheese arrows over and over to get them to rotate to the right direction. (I don't quite like that.)

Last edited by Ravenblack; 03-27-2009 at 09:33 AM.
03-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Hopefully the dev see this... can we have an untimed version PLEASE?!

Don't check this site or private messages often.
03-27-2009, 10:03 AM
[post deleted]

Last edited by Mobile Amusements; 03-31-2009 at 07:33 AM.
03-27-2009, 10:15 AM
It's not so much the timed element that I dislike. I figure it has to be timed to give it the "panic" feel of the game. I don't like to have to touch to rotate the cheese arrows. They only rotate one way right? Doesn't seem fair when it takes more touches to get the thing to rotate to certain directions than others.

It's actually pretty good other than that.

To be honest I think it's not my kind of game, but that's ok, I'm all for trying free things.
03-27-2009, 10:24 AM
[post deleted]

Last edited by Mobile Amusements; 03-31-2009 at 07:33 AM.
03-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Well, I played it for about one minute and lost interest and the cause are the controls. Adding these little buttons to the playfield is a pain. And you have to click each arrow several times to rotate to the right direction. Mouse About is a similar game, but just fits MUCH better to the platform, looks georgeous and has a fantastic music and fluid animations.

The rank of Mouse About is better than yours, but not great: http://www.mobclix.com/appstore/1/app/290142987

But still, it's better and that's for Mouse About being much older than Mouse Panic.

So I think that these three are the cause for the low ranking.

1. Control scheme feels clunky
2. No ad, pr or whatsoever. Nobody knows of your game. It seems that you just relied on the AppStore itself. But the AppStore ist just, well, a store with thousands of games and an interface, which puts games into a black hole after a few days. You also did not used updates to come back to the front of the games list.
3. Mouse About is well-known and the control scheme is also mentioned on several threads for similar games which then adopted their control scheme. So people know Mouse About and they know, that this dev creates polished titles. Your game might be a hit on other platforms, but I do not know who you are and what your games are.

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de