★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Upcoming Game AppStore Bug.

01-20-2011, 09:06 PM
#1
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,029
Upcoming Game AppStore Bug.

People have been noticing recently that if you search for a new upcoming game on the appstore, the title pops up for selection. It has occurred when searching dead space, hysteria project 2 and a few others. Go and try it. I assume this means the games have been submitted and approved but this has never happened before.. Anyway i cant decide if this is good or bad but whatever. Just thought Id try to intrigue your interest.
01-20-2011, 09:08 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: alea iacta est
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbxz47 View Post
People have been noticing recently that if you search for a new upcoming game on the appstore, the title pops up for selection. It has occurred when searching dead space, hysteria project 2 and a few others. Go and try it. I assume this means the games have been submitted and approved but this has never happened before.. Anyway i cant decide if this is good or bad but whatever. Just thought Id try to intrigue your interest.
This means the app has already been approved, and is waiting for the developers to release it.
01-20-2011, 09:12 PM
#3
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by K?! View Post
This means the app has already been approved, and is waiting for the developers to release it.
I know I got that a long time ago but it has never happened before so why now?
01-20-2011, 09:55 PM
#4
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: On the internet.
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbxz47 View Post
I know I got that a long time ago but it has never happened before so why now?
It's been happening for aw hile actually

Ipad - 64 GB - 5.0.1 / Iphone4S - 32 GB - 5.0.1
GameCenter - Abisco79
01-20-2011, 10:04 PM
#5
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: alea iacta est
Posts: 1,368
You probably weren't looking at any games that had been approved, and were just looking at games waiting for approval.
01-20-2011, 11:20 PM
#6
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Over there --->
Posts: 594
This happened to me for both Aralon and Inotia 3, both a few hours before their release.