★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Conquer Europe in Medieval Battlefields!

Medieval Battlefields is a strategy game that takes you back to medieval Europe! Train your armies to defeat your enemies in over 20 SINGLE and MULTIPLAYER maps.
Play with up to 8 people online or claim your victory alone. Fight on behalf of England, France, or the Vikings as you build up your castle and win land to finance your wars. Will your campaigns be filled with glory, or crushing defeat?

- Play ONLINE MULTIPLAYER with up to 8 people!
- Single-player Campaigns, Skirmish and HotSeat (1 vs 1)
- Play on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch anytime anywhere
- Fight on behalf of English, French or savage Vikings
- Create your team with other players and fight against other teams and players
- Train units for close and long range combat, including artillery and castle siege units
- 27 unique medieval army units, like swordsmen, cavalry, knights and longbowmen
- Dozens of maps and battlefields
- Online Top Players chart and ranking
- In-game live chat

Official Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIXK_8CKpQw
Join us on FACEBOOK: http://facebook.com/cateiagames
Follow us on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/cateiagames

Where Angels Cry
Fate of the Pharaoh
Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World
Tales from the Dragon Mountain: The Strix
Frogs vs. Storks

goiMot's comments:
I didn't find a thread for this, got the Mac version and it's pretty good.

01-20-2011, 11:13 PM
After watching the video, I'm impressed with all of the options. I need to download the demo.
01-20-2011, 11:49 PM
Played this on the PC a while back actually. It's very fun, but didn't notice a ton of depth. If you are like me and need things to unlock/work for you won't find much of that here. Although like I said I did enjoy my couple hours with the game.
01-21-2011, 06:25 AM
It's a cool game! I've been trying a lot of "Risk-type" strategy games and this one has the most depth of the ones I've tried.

If you're looking for such a game and have tried Blood & Honor, Lux, Risk, Dominion, European War 2, etc like I have, this may be the game for you. It has a lot of different unit types. Your longbowmen can shoot across the battlefield, your mounted units can travel good distances. You can upgrade your blacksmith and other "buildings" and give your units more accuracy, defence, strength or stamina. You can build markets to earn more money.

Really nice game! I didn't read any instructions and was able to figure it out as I played. Nice!

I am playing on an iPhone 4 and have had no crashes at all. Try the free version if you're not sure.

[from my app store review]

Last edited by schplurg; 01-21-2011 at 06:40 AM.
01-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Wow, I'm really enjoying the game. In the full version, the skirmish mode (offline) is great with 26 maps!

It's fun play on larger maps with 6 or 8 players. With so many CPU players you can basically adjust the difficulty like in Warlords Classic. So if you want a real challenge you can play 1 vs 7 (you vs. 7 CPUs) or 2 vs. 6 (you & 1 CPU vs. 6 CPUs), etc. I really like all of the options in this game.

Recommend this for turn-based strategy fans (just note the demo only has 3 of the smallest skirmish maps available).

Last edited by Marcus70; 01-26-2011 at 07:17 PM.